What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software for tracking plants?

• Thread starter dboeren
  • Start date
I have limited knowledge with HTML and Access database. I can try to scour for ideas this week, but I can't offer any promises on spending a bunch of time on this, I have 14hrs of school classes, and two jobs, so time is pretty limited, and not well spent as it is. All that said, I'll see what I can do.

And, if I did come up with a plan, I'd expect it would be somewhat of a team effort to get it up and going, right ReApEr? :D

LOL, of course! If we want to actually consider this, I think it probably best that it be a fairly large team, too. I, too, am a fulll-time student, but I don't have a job. I'm more than happy to spend way too many hours a day on such a project, LOL!

I have a couple of books on html, I could probably make it, but it won't be too pretty lol.

I could provide graphics to make it pretty, but html and php aren't anything I'm too familiar with.
Then again, if I could learn to program a robot with C++, I could probably learn html.

I say we get a group of people to make this happen. I have a full time job and I'm in school, but I can do my part.

I have somewhere close to a decade of Photoshop experience (I don't even know anymore, I lost track. ;c ), so I can definitely contribute there as well. I've designed a good number of websites, used and not. Again, though, I'm probably rusty 'cause it's been a long time. Hopefully it's like riding a bike. ;p

I use and like CP-Growlist, though it has 'lost' the database a couple of times for me, so backup is definately advisable. I would definately using an online growlist if someone made one but only if there was an option to download the data for back-up purposes, preferably in CSV format. CSV would also allow anyone with a growlist already in Excel to upload it to an online growlist.

Another alternative is ZOHO. With that you could create an online growlist database which is available from virtually any internet connected computer. Google docs could be used also for creating an online spreadsheet type growlist.

Oops, wrong thread...

Doesn't work with Crossover? Mannnn.

Not a Number pointed out that you also need to have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed which I did not. So maybe it can still work, I haven't tried it yet. I find it frustrating though that Crossover does not show you the console errors. If I had a message saying ".NET Framework not found" I'd immediately know what the problem was!

Back