What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its been a bad winter.........

normal winter is 24-30 inches of snow.....we were at 64 on Monday, with 2 months of winter left.....couple more inches and we are at a new record and guess whats predicted for this weekend......its been real hard on the critters out in the hills.....

IMG_1110.jpg

Could be worse... you could be part of the "I-95 Corridor" that's been perpetually slammed. even Buffalo, NY hasn't been getting what they've been getting!

We've broken records in New Haven... 61 inches just in January. Then there was that 20 inches around xmas. The city is just shut down and has already blown their snow budget. A 15 minute walk to the greenhouses took me 30 minutes today.
I'll try to post some pics later.

It's been a pretty nice Winter here. It was 47 the other day, Sunny and beautiful today. It's only snowed maybe a foot all Winter so far.

Meanwhile in Central Texas we have had a very mild winter. We're getting up to 71 today.

Yeah us in GA (REALLY THE WHOLE SOUTH) In Carrollton, Ga are getting like half a foot or more snowfall than average and i mean IT'S JAN. we have about 3 more months to go so buckle up. and we have had oblitarating temps like oh i don't know lows in the single digits not to mention wind chill well since i am a kid well you know IT'S COOL! We have also had snow on CHRISTMAS and an ice storm with 4 inches of snow 2 inches of sleet and an inch of ice well how does that sound for the south pretty wierd and boy are the people at the naitional weather service wrong so far the thought we would have a warmer than avaerage winter and a drier than average winter.

It's 72 here right now... one more reason why I love Texas (yes.. I am allergic to snow!)

Mhmm, about 75 where I'm at just north of Houston. I love Texas! Winter is almost over here.

My section of the Northwest has been in a dry/warm spell these past couple of weeks and I'm not too happy about it.

Please send some snow this way! I'll gladly accept.

My section of the Northwest has been in a dry/warm spell these past couple of weeks and I'm not too happy about it.

Please send some snow this way! I'll gladly accept.

Shall I use a Priority stamp or First Class?

i will always blame the DOT for the bad winters. without the I-95 corrider the snow would get lost instead of following it up the east coast.

We've had to dig the trenchlike pathways a second time so the dogs would do do their business.

GypSnow01.jpg

GypSnow03.jpg

When I was clearing the end of the driveway again on Saturday, our psycho neighbor suddenly appeared in my face with a quirky face and sez, "STOP THROWING YOUR SNOW ON MY SIDE!!" (which we weren't) then turns and walks away. Hopefully one of those 3 foot icicles hanging from his roof will put him out of his misery...

More snowing coming here Wednesday...

lets see 30 inches is the high end of a normal winter.......before this winter, the record is somewhere in the high 60's.........raw data after this weekend is showing 79.8 so far this winter with 2 months left.....will find out what the official measurement is today or tomorrow.....looks like we will beat the previous record by a foot if it stops snowing after the stuff predicted in the next 10 days but Feb/March usually gives us bout 1/3 of our total snow fall

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

the forecast for those in warmer climates

Today: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -7. Wind chill values as low as -39. North wind around 9 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -28. Wind chill values as low as -50. North northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny and cold, with a high near -9. Wind chill values as low as -47. West wind between 5 and 8 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -20. Wind chill values as low as -38. West southwest wind around 7 mph.

Back