What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Here's my chocolate tree...when the leaves grow in, they're almost translucent!
P1290003.jpg

here's my only flowering Phalaenopsis mannii orchid
P1290005.jpg

my biggest Phalaenopsis violacea var. coerulea (biggest because I've had it longest)
P1290010.jpg

the Phalaenopsis on the top shelf of my orchid rack
P1290016.jpg

the Phalaenopsis on the bottom shelf including some others (Sideria japonica, etc.)
P1290019.jpg

Petiolaris complex dews, (Phalaenopsis doweryensis ... it's so pretty) and other random orchid sorts of mixed parentage.
P1290018.jpg

cobra minibog waking up way too soon
P1290021.jpg

and some more of those curlies on the dew :3
P1290022.jpg

Nepenthes macrophylla on left and N. villosa on right that I upgraded the size of their pots this morning
P1290023.jpg

Nepenthes hamata - the one closest to the camera (on the bottom of the pic) I upgraded from 3" square pot to 4" round pot this morning too. The red one in the center is the seed grown from BE.
P1290024.jpg

this is the SG Nepenthes hamata only pitcher...the others stalled mid-inflate, but I think this one will actually grow up and open for me! A N. ventricosa x ephippiata broke off the latest tendril after this one, but if I get one good pitcher out of it I'm happy :-D
P1290025.jpg

Nepenthes petiolata...I think this will open up today or tomorrow
P1290027.jpg

a tiny baby pitcher I found
P1290028.jpg

Heliamphora "Tequila"
P1290029.jpg

Heliamphora minor
P1290030.jpg

Heliamphora tatei
P1290031.jpg

Heliamphora sp "Akopan"
P1290032.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa
P1290033.jpg

Heliamphora neblinae f. parva
P1290034.jpg

mixed pygmy Drosera gemmae sprouted pot
P1290035.jpg

is my Utricularia nelumbifolia going to bloom?! :awesome:
P1290036.jpg

Nepenthes lowii x truncata wide peristome SG EP
P1290038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nepenthes singalana Tujuh
P1290040.jpg

Nepenthes hamata red hairy pitcher
P1290041.jpg

Nepenthes chaniana is a hairy beast...
P1290042.jpg

OK, that's it for now - hope you enjoyed it :grin:

beautiful pics, beautiful plants

:-D + :spazz:

Oh Zu! Everything is looking most awesome upon your return!
I'm so happy :D
Because that's good and cause it means pics of your plants which are :love:

Your macro is looking great!! I'm quite jealous.. Can't wait to get mine at the end of the year.

[Edit: Please edit and tell us what you mean by "macro" - thanks]

Beautiful as always! I like your Helimaphora collection you've got started. I am also particularly jealous of your blooming U. nelumbifolia and your healthy red flytraps!

I can't wait to see all your scandilicious Neps open up those pitchers. :p

:-D + :spazz:

Oh Zu! Everything is looking most awesome upon your return!
I'm so happy :D
Because that's good and cause it means pics of your plants which are :love:

So'm I - I'm glad nothing died due to my horrible neglect!

Your macro is looking great!! I'm quite jealous.. Can't wait to get mine at the end of the year.

Thanks! It's finally making more than 2 leaves at a time which is SUPER!

Beautiful as always! I like your Helimaphora collection you've got started. I am also particularly jealous of your blooming U. nelumbifolia and your healthy red flytraps!

I can't wait to see all your scandilicious Neps open up those pitchers. :p

Hehehe...indeed. Thanks - I try to grow them all in the same conditions so I guess considering the Helis look good now the neps ought to look kinda bad because it's too cool for intermediates...but maybe in two months it'll *all* look fantastic!

Well I was all set to say, "nice thumbs", but there weren't any. Nice plants, anyways!

Very nice variety. What mix are you using for your Nepenthes? Peat, perlite, some LFS, and Orchid Bark? What grade of perlite are you using? Some of those chunks look huge!

xvart.

Well I was all set to say, "nice thumbs", but there weren't any. Nice plants, anyways!

Thanks ;)

Very nice variety. What mix are you using for your Nepenthes? Peat, perlite, some LFS, and Orchid Bark? What grade of perlite are you using? Some of those chunks look huge!

xvart.

Thanks! Most pots are straight-up 1perlite to 1lfs mix. The perlite is "medium" sized coarse perlite from a random place that makes it somewhere near/in San Diego (so size is really random because it's really dust->huge sized mix :jester:). The pots that look like more than that mix are a handful of "orchid mix" tossed in if the pot is big and I think it needs some help not compacting, and that's usually mostly some sort of bark and maybe charcoal and more perlite (it's out of a pre-mixed bag from the store), and sometimes if it's something that needs more humidity I'll toss a little peat in to keep the mix wetter longer. I think I still have 2 or 3 pots with around 2 cocohusk to 1lfs, that I used to pot in when I kept them inside, but the only things that I can remember right now left in that are N.bongso and N.ventricosa X TM.

Nicenicenicenicenice!

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on the upcoming U. nelumbifolia bloom (it takes a long time to progress - be patient) & the super-healthy H. neblinae f. parva. That one looks like it made a big jump from juvie pitchers to the mature type - nice. :hail: (let me know when you're ready to trade that puppy for an H. minor) :-))

Nicenicenicenicenice!

Thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks!

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on the upcoming U. nelumbifolia bloom (it takes a long time to progress - be patient) & the super-healthy H. neblinae f. parva. That one looks like it made a big jump from juvie pitchers to the mature type - nice. :hail: (let me know when you're ready to trade that puppy for an H. minor) :-))

You're welcome. Thanks - I guess I'll ignore it for a few more weeks and hope for the best on the Utric :p. And thanks on the H. neblinae f. parva - AW resent one to me and that's the one that already had nice big mature pitchers...the other made 2 mature ones for me recently but I think it's working on another immature one right now :oops: ...and fo sho I'll trade, only if it's for immature pitchers H.minor :rolleyes:

...and fo sho I'll trade, only if it's for immature pitchers H.minor :rolleyes:
.... awwww mannnnn, that'll probably kill the trade. Most of my spares have mature pitchers and the one H. minor with juvie pitchers has location info - which i'm sure you don't want. Darn!! .... so close ... :censor:

:-O

Dude do you have every type of Heliamphora there is it sure looks like it and everything is beautiful!

.... awwww mannnnn, that'll probably kill the trade. Most of my spares have mature pitchers and the one H. minor with juvie pitchers has location info - which i'm sure you don't want. Darn!! .... so close ... :censor:

:-O

:lol: Yeah you're too high class on trades for me :p

Rlly nice plants as always :D

Thanks!

Dude do you have every type of Heliamphora there is it sure looks like it and everything is beautiful!

Not really, I think there are around 5-10 species I don't have, which is a good chunk of the known population. Thanks though :-D

Here's some links that will show you something about Helis and list some more species off for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliamphora
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq5380.html

Back