What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my art glass works in progress

• Thread starter Millipede
  • Start date
about a month ago i finally got a shed and set up a glass studio in it. ive been working on several ideas ive had in my head for years. now i can finally perfect them. i set up an etsy store to where i'll be selling these and other things

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmergentGlassworks

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

Last edited:
that's actually pretty cool! im more into the weird glass blown abstract art stuff, but this is SPIFFY!

Wow...if you are up for a even bigger challenge, you could try a hamata pitcher. ;)

very nice! I have a friend that blows glass.. but nothing that intricate.

:0o:
That is AWESOME!
Thanks for sharing! Please update with future works! :-D

Wow! I have a boring old normal colored VFT, yours is definately more awesome!

I LOVE IT! Very well done, always wanted to sculpt with glass.

I love art glass. I have a small collection of vintage vases myself. Would be interested in seeing any finished pieces and adding them to my collection. Perhaps a whole nepenthes plant.

Here is my small collection...
artglass.jpg

Dude, those are amazing. You should market those. Very well done there. You should even make those to trade for CP's.

ive made about a dozen of the flytraps so far. they still have a few kinks to work out before ill be marketing them... the nepenthes was actually my first attempt. its not even close to where i want it yet.
my biggest problem right now is not having a fully outfitted shop yet. right now i have a very limited color stock and only a single oxygen tank that last about 12 hours at the most. ill be looking into renting a liquid oxygen tank and buying color as soon as i start making some more money with my etsy store.
my marbles are not selling as well as i thought they might :( ive made a few "cute" things for my girlfriend that i'll probably start selling since everybody likes cute things. mushrooms and flytraps are really more of a "niche" market but theyre my favorite things in the world so i'll keep making them :-D

omg, those glass dionaea are gorgeous! I want one! :-D

I've always thought it would be an awesome idea to make a nepenthes pitcher, pitcher... like, a lemonade pitcher, but it's a nepenthes. :awesome:

That is super creative and very cool. Nice job ;)

Wow I would love to see some step by step shots or video of how such works are created!

Very cool!
Thanks for sharing

So awesome!

more stuff :D

heres something "cute" i made
IMG_4575.jpg

this goes on a keychain
IMG_4572.jpg

and this is just cool
IMG_4282.jpg

Dude...if you can make me a blue ring octopus, I'd be one happy camper....can ya? CAN YA? :-O

Millipede, that octopus is sick! You should put some of this stuff up on Etsy, I know I'd buy something!

Edit: Shoot, just saw your signature link!

*agrees with amph*

If you make things useful for plants that look like cute octopuses or nepenthes or foxes and such, I'll buy out your shop :p (like plant stakes maybe?)

Back