What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i wasnt pissed before when i got up.....

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
and saw it was -35 with a windchill of -55........but someone pointed out to me that Barrow Alaska, 320 miles above the arctic circle is only -4 this morning.......this aint right......i know the Japanese Current keeps southeast Alaska warmer than here by a long shot but Barrow aint affected by that :censor:

I know how you feel. Its -10 with -25 windchill.

I don't know how you fell nice 70 degree weather AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

keep it up and ill figure a way to send some of this:

IMG_1110.jpg

your way.......

We used to play that game back in Vermont too... the "I bet it's warmer in Alaska" game.

southeast Alaska is warmer than here in the winter, a buddy of mine stationed up there in the army for 4 years said it was rare to see 0 cause the Japanese Current keeps warmer water off the coast which keeps the land near it warm.......no reason we should be colder than Barrow though......

Guess I can't complain.. We've got high's into the teens all week.

i wish you could send all of that snow.

Well Barrow is on the coast... It's not the Japanese current that affects it, but who knows, with the continually melting ice, maybe the currents in the arctic have gotten more influential.

Being in-land has it's disadvantages!

nothing between me and the arctic circle but a few hills

Not too terribly cold here (20's)... Just alot of ice.

iced.png

Last edited:
It's winter in Montana and the gentle breezes blow, Seventy miles an hour at thirty-five below. Oh, how I love Montana when the snow's up to your butt, You take a breath of winter and your nose gets frozen shut. Yes, the weather here is wonderful. So I guess I'll hang around, I could never leave Montana cuz I'm frozen to the ground!

:D

obviously no comparison to some of you.. but the coldest temp here in quite some time.... Not too excited to walk out to go to work and work in it... :blush: windchill will take it down another 17f Looks like the propane heater in the big g/h is doing fine.. but the little oil filled heater in the little g/h is not quite getting the job done (it's just there to prevent freezing- but it's only been below 32 for a couple hours now). edit: I had it set to the lower power setting... whoops. :p but nothing is ice... so it's fine.

cold_.jpg

Last edited:
I remember a day when it was listed that Anchorage was 42 F and Atlanta was 19 F. It's just the jet stream at the moment.

hmmm.....supposed to be almost 70 degrees warmer today than i was on Tuesday......my weather is schizophrenic........

I think bi "polar" would be more appropriate...

Well I am in central Texas and we got down to 16 on Tuesday and 18 last night. The forecast is calling for 1-3 inches of snow today. We rarely get snow, so this will be a treat! My minibogs have been outside, covered in sheets and a comforter when the temperature dropped below 20. I am sure they are ok, but when you aren't used to the teens, ya freak ;)

today was almost 70 degrees warmer than Tuesday.....still didnt get above freezing though......

Thankfully we've had a mild Winter here so far. No blizzard like last year. Seems like we've been right in the middle of storms that just miss us!

Back