What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First CP!

Well the RC Flea Market was a success. I bought a brand new in the box RTF Mini Ventura sailplane formerly offered by Flyzone. The wing span is around 24". It has a folding prop with a 180 size motor, a 600 mA 5 cell nicad with field charger and a 3 channel transmitter. It's a very solid appearing plane and I got it for $75. It's not as cool looking as the DX220 but I do like having elevator control. I think I'd miss that.

I also bought a combat flying wing glider for $40. I've always wanted one of these. One time when I was hangliding I watched a fellow pilot soar his little RC glider on the hill. This planted the seed that just had to germinate some day. All I had to do is charge up the battery and mate up a transmitter and receiver with elevon mixing to it. That's done so I need the right wind and I'll be able to try it.

They had a lot of helicopters but I didn't look at any. It was too crowded and I was on a mission to get some type of sailplane. Now I can retire in style and fly any time the weather is right. If it's windy from the NW it'll be the flying wing. If it's calm then the Ventura, Champ, P51, T-Hawk (excellent flying plane, great value) or the Wing Dragon (not the greatest)

Yes!! I'm hooked on my Blade mCX2 right now. I also fly a Walkera Lama 2-1, which is more fun to fly when it flies right (reliability issues abound).

I'm seriously eyeing two helis at the moment: the mSR (obviously, everyone needs one!) and the Walkera V100D01.

I'm also brushing up on my skills flying larger CP helis using Phoenix Sim on my computer. My problem is that, living in Brooklyn, I can't really fly my helis anywhere without risking a fine or having to schlep out to the middle of nowhere and pay a hefty annual fee to fly at an RC club. Maybe some day...

Nice flying with that Belt CPX. I know from flying it on Phoenix Sim that it's not the most forgiving heli. I can barely hold a steady hover on the heavier 700 size nitro helis let alone a small, 450 size electric heli! But once you have that hover down...the hardest part of learning... 3D flight is right around the corner!

Good buy Gale. I had a Mini Ventura that I sold back in the fall. I'll have to try the flea market next year.
Sometime this year I'll have to bring my R/C toys over to fly in all that space you have.

TheFury,
The mSR is a great, tough heli. I currently have 3 of them.
Have you seen the new Blade mCP X? I may sell 1 or 2 mSR to get the money for it.
I have not really searched for the Belt CPX on the Phoenix Sim? Do they have it? I see the have the V2 of it.
I can fly 3D on the sim, but I think it will be a long time till I'm brave enough to invert my real heli. That's why I'm thinking of the mCP X. I could practice on a smaller lighter heli over tall grass or a carpeted floor.

Whoa! You have got to be kidding me! I was wondering when someone would come out with a pam-sized CP heli. E-flite has just been pumping out new helis over the past year. I know that Walkera has had the 4G3 and 4G6 for a while, but those are larger than this one and seem to be impossible to control, based on the reviews. I might have to work my way up to this one...

If you're selling an mSR, keep me in mind ;)

And you're right, Phoenix doesn't have the Belt CPX, only the CP v2. My bad. But it is a bear to fly either way... all the more reason why those videos you posted show such skill!

Anyway, the most advanced flying I can do on the sim are figure-8 circuits and some tick-tocks, although I can't keep them up for long before I either slam into the ground or have to bail out. How long did it take you before you were able to pull off 3D flight?

I think Walkera also has some small CP helis, but everything I've read about Walkera on R/C forums has me not wanting to spend anything on them. Even people how love there Walkera's complain about reliability and quality.

Thanks for the complement on the flying.
I can throw around the mSR and SR120, but the big Esky CPX I'm taking it really slow. I'm still only flying it tail in. I may try some circuits next time I fly if I have enough batteries. I replaced the receiver so I can use my Spektrum DX7 radio, but I'll have to get everything dialed in again with the new radio.

Well I did finally break down and get the F-18 EDF jet kit. The kit comes with the motor and fan. I have all the other parts, so I'll should have it ready to fly when the weather gets nice again.

edf-jet-002.jpg

Sirs Bogiron & elgecko,

We're going to need to get some dates finalized so we can get sites reserved (hint, hint).

Looks like you two will need to bring a few of your toys - I'm sure we can find a big field and some time between bogging & chowing down ... :-O

Back