What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
I have this sundew that it's not binata because it has one more branch than that, so this is it here working on unfurling some leaves for me:
P2110005.jpg

P2110006.jpg

(what is it if it forks twice?)

Nepenthes platychila
P2110007.jpg

P2110008.jpg

Heliamphora tanks
P2110009.jpg

(at least 5 plants are working on growing in new adult pitchers right now!!)

the Nepenthes ghetto :cool:
P2110010.jpg

a poorly angled shot of my Sarracenia minibogs, the Darlingtonia small minibog, a bunch of pygmy Drosera and probably some other stuff too...
P2110011.jpg

The Cephalotus tray, to the right of the Utricularia nelumbifolia that I currently have threatening to flower
P2110012.jpg

Pinguicula gigantea
P2110013.jpg

Cephalotus follicularis "Squat" finally recovering, being a hairy beast, and making new pitchers
P2110017.jpg

Here's another pitcher on the plant.. it only has 2 pitchers on each of 2 crowns :-(
P2110018.jpg

And the Cephalotus follicularis "Double Ribbed" which is faring better
P2110019.jpg

..I don't remember if I ever put these pics up on this forum so here's the Nepenthes alata "variegata"
P2050016.jpg

P2050017.jpg

Last edited:
Too awesome...
Does that pitcher have white in it ?

Oh, everything is so pretty and nice! Very nice pics!

And 4-branch-leaf is like, Dichotoma I think.

Righteous! Yeah, I don't remember you ever posting the variegated alata, it sure is pretty! So is everything else though. Really, I have to know, do you have to step over and around things to get out onto your balcony? It looks like there would be barely enough room for a person or two to stand, much less bask in the sun on say, a patio chair! Lol!

Too awesome...
Does that pitcher have white in it ?

Yup, here's a couple different pics of a pitcher on the plant that maybe you can see the colors on it better:
PB050014.jpg

P9170042.jpg

It's a rooted cutting off the plant that Sam has at his greenhouse:
P1150098.jpg

(this is another small cutting I think...his vine is pretty big)

Oh, everything is so pretty and nice! Very nice pics!

And 4-branch-leaf is like, Dichotoma I think.

Righteous! Yeah, I don't remember you ever posting the variegated alata, it sure is pretty! So is everything else though. Really, I have to know, do you have to step over and around things to get out onto your balcony? It looks like there would be barely enough room for a person or two to stand, much less bask in the sun on say, a patio chair! Lol!

Yup, I gotta tiptoe and hope I don't knock everything over...actually a couple small N.jacquelinae just got flipped over by the bottom of my pants in the last couple of weeks :oops:. I'm going to clear out a bunch in the next twoish months though because I'm holding some plants for other people, or for the NASC auction, and things like that... I really promise it'll become more reasonable in the near future :jester:

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

nice plant! :D

Ah, here's the bigger one:
P1150110.jpg

I think he said at one point it was about 3X that height because he just let it go... but it's been chopped back to make pretty cuttings for people like me :p

Amazing! I wonder if there have been any successful hybrids that show the variegated traits?

Amazing! I wonder if there have been any successful hybrids that show the variegated traits?

I don't know about with N. alata, but I know this one that Sam has:
P1150009.jpg

Is this guy:
P1150007.jpg

Which is a coccinea.

Oh wow that is a total beauty! When I look at Sam's plants it reminds me that I will not be able to grow them forever due to how large they can actually get!

That's a nice Coccinea! 'Scarlet Splash', I believe. :drool:

Nice!

Awesome grow area!

Back