What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This forum is 10 years old!

This forum is 10 years old! :clap:
If you go to the "members" list, then sort by "join date"

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=asc&sort=joindate

You will see the oldest listed member is "Philtrapguy" who joined on March 3, 2001.
(was Phil the original admin? I think he might have been..)

For those of you who havent been here for 10 years, this forum started out as the "Pet Fly Trap" forums..(I still think of it as "PFT"! ;) then (maybe 5 years ago?) it became "Terra Forums" and was taken over by our current Admin, Andrew.

Members since 2001, who are still active today:

adnedarn
Ozzy
gr8oz
Cindy
PlantAKiss
scottychaos
nepenthes gracilis
gardenofeden
Emesis
Alexis
Tony Paroubek
Tamlin Dawnstar
rubrarubra

Happy 10 year anniversary everyone! :woot: :beer:

Scot

Yes happy 10th anniversary! Thank you to Andrew for keeping this forum alive and going for so long. To another 10 years.

Yeaah!! Happy Anniversary, TerraForums! :woot:

Thank you Phil for starting it and Andrew, who has taken the baton. This forum has been educational and fun! I've even had the opportunity to meet some of our members, including Scottychaos, JBL, elgecko, Beautyreddragon, WickedThistle,...

Yay Happy B-day TF!

Yay!!
I joined in July 2001, by accident I was one of the first members here, member number 25 actually... basically just behind the original "founders' of the forum and their close friends. Phil was the founder/admin but he's the one that changed the name to TerraForums I guess in preparation of selling off his store and the forum (as the old name suggests, it has always been attached to a store, that was not new with me)
As I've stated before, when the forum went up for sale, and advertisers were looking to buy it (slather it in advertisements and let it go unmoderated) I felt like I just had to "save it" an my store was only formed in order to help me pay back the loan I took to buy it and cover the costs of keeping it running. I took control of the forum 8/27/06 =)

I'm still happy hanging out with all of you guys and gals and I would do it all over again. :D

Andrew

Woo Hoo! Congrats TF! This is such a great place for us CPer's! Thank you to Andrew for keeping it up and running!

Oh heck and I didn't get ya anything ! This forum just goes to show you how people can get along depite ourselves and still have fun and learn in the process. Thanks Andrew ! Your doing a great job.

Dang I feel old now!

Congrats on the long successful run and to many more in the future.

:0o:
This place was made when I was just 11!!!
Gosh...I wish I found it so much sooner!
But thank you so much Andy for making this place what it is!
I look forward to spending the next 10+ years around here :grin:

Hooray! Here's to many more years to come. :)
To think - when the forum was getting started, I was making inane Flash animations with my friend during our independent study trig class, and my plant skills extended about as far as mistreating pothos under a single two-foot fluorescent tube. Ah, the good ol' days...
~Joe

Last edited:
Happy Birthday TF!

Happy Birthday TF!!

A decade of carnivirous plant shenanigans! Happy birthday TF and thank you to all those who have participated and kept this website running and awesome. :)

Back