What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anybody bring potted Nepenthes onto airplane?

I will visit a friend and am going to bring a potted Nepenthes to him. I don't want to ship it. Can I bring it with me onto airplane? (I mean, not package it in my checked packages. )

Thanks
Zhilin

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. you can...you might get a few dirty looks but it should be okay.

Yes, I boxed up some lowland nepenthes from FL and flew them to New England in the dead of winter. I packed them in a cardboard box that was the right size for a carry on. I packed the box with newspaper and packing peanuts. The box went throught he x-ray machine with no problem. I kept the box upright on my lap the whole trip to prevent losing pitcher fluid.

Whenever I head up to the Bay Area for a meeting, I always bring a couple potted plants with me carry-on in an ordinary cloth bag. TSA never has any problems with it, though I do make sure to dump the contents of the pitchers beforehand. I stick them in the foot well instead of the overhead compartment because I don't want someone crushing them with their huge luggage up there by hand, or through turbulence.

when we went to florida we loaded a carry-on bag with just orchids for the trip home.....wasnt even asked about them......

Thank all of you. Now I don't worry :)

Back