What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bowing out...

I will be keeping a few plants, but for the most part, most are being sold off/given out to new homes because i am moving, and have too much to take care of outside of the hobby, so other than a few Cephalotus, Nepenthes, and dews, most of my collection will be going off to new homes. Does not mean i will not be here from time to time, but it was bound to happen some day...
plants i owe people, will of course go the the people i owe them to, but other than that, 90% of the collection is going to go... Its been fun guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
SK,
There are definately more important things in life. I wish you success in all of your future endeavours. Good luck to you and your budding family. I suspect we will all be seeing you again in the future. Hope I get to know you better when that day comes. We've had a few interactions, but not near enough. :)

This is definitely no goodbye, ill still be growing a few plants here and there...
so its more of a, ill see you around... here and there sort of thing, who knows.
i might be back after i get settled in at the new house, though i am currently wanting to build a savings for my baby, should something horrible happen, he wont be left completely empty handed...

Sorry to hear it, but good on ya for looking after your boy's best interests. In light of this, that thing I wanted to talk with you about is all the more relevant.
~Joe

It is with deep sadness to hear this news,I know what a good grower and trader that your are.and how you love these plants. (Your first babies )Your fiance and son trumps out all the plants in the world
Safe journey you move onto this new part of your life(((((((()))))))

my timing truly sux, your plant has been officially shipped and is on its way...

do with as you want, no worries mate

i have enjoyed viewing all the wonderful pictures of your plants you have uploaded. good luck with everything. hope to see you around still.

This is definitely no goodbye, ill still be growing a few plants here and there... so its more of a, ill see you around... here and there sort of thing, who knows.
I agree with your priorities but as you mention, you may be back ... Many of us have been through different stages of our lives and our various 'hobbies' tend to expand and shrink as other priorities rise to the top. If possible, I recommend keeping one of your prized plants (SG hamata?) as this grows in a windowsill in your house, you can periodically take cuttings and trade them for other cool plants (or cash - if need be...) :-O Remember that some of these plants truly can be an investment that keeps on giving (& not just a frivolous green thing to stare at...)

Best of luck with the new house, wife, baby, .... (not necessarily in that order...) :-D

ill be keeping one of the seed grown Nepenthes hamata, the BE one haha.

Butch, the Heliamphora will go in the small tank of stuff im going to keep...
Small tank meaning roughly 60 gallon hahaha. hopefully it doesn't mind growing next to my Cephalotus, or vice versa ;D
Thanks RL, yeah it can definitely turn a nice profit, but i just don't have the time to dedicate to a mass collection...

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck and well wishes
to you and the family in the future
and with whatever comes your way.
It certainly has been good having you around here.

:wave:

Sounds cool Kris, nice to know its making the keeper list... ;-)

When i was a still a pup and in college, I was a live in babysitter for 3 exotic dancers.... to borrow a quote, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times LOL
man what memories (the party doesnt really start till the club closes )

Anyways, one night one of the kids got sick after sucking on a bottle of bug spray they found, omg...
you're in for the ride of your life

child proof everything LOL

Av

i just dont have the time to dedicate to a mass collection...

No pun intended I'm sure.. :-D But I feel ya. These things can be quite the handful when you try to juggle life at the same time.
Thank you for passing down POTM to me, if you ever need me to look after anything else, you know where to find me.
See ya in the movies.. as my father would say.
See ya in the funny papers.. as my grandmother would say.
See ya around.. NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST! .. as my mother would say.

Good luck Kris - I think in a year or two you'll get back in the swing of plants again because you'll miss them... possibly even more intensely than now!

Sounds cool Kris, nice to know its making the keeper list... ;-)

When i was a still a pup and in college, I was a live in babysitter for 3 exotic dancers.... to borrow a quote, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times LOL

Anyways, one night one of the kids got sick after sucking on a bottle of bug spray they found, omg...
you're in for the ride of your life

child proof everything LOL

Av

:0o: ..Av, man of surprises...

I take it that the pay wasn't strickly monetary?! :0o:

LOL, think studio 54 and the height of the cocaine era... it was all the above, but man when it ended it was a rough landing

lol.. were you a Disco Diva butch?

Because of a divorce I lost most of my plants, but the few that I have now mean more to me then the many I once had. I hope you will feel the same. Good luck with the family and your endevers. Jack

It's all good Kris so do what's best for YOU and we'll all be here when you want to talk! All the best to you!

Good luck with the move and your family, Kris and good luck with the plants you do keep as well as with the upcoming sales, shipping, and all the etc.

Your collection will be missed. Always know that you've got Terraforums here for you at any turn whether it be for moral support or simply to regrow your collection again.

Back