What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My plant collection in 2011

Oh wow, everything is just stunning :love:

Tulips are my absolute favorite flower, well done!

I'll agree with monkey, those tulips are stunning. And the color on some of those pitchers is absolutely insane. Beautiful plants.

Nice.. still growing in those big white plastic boxes, or did you move everything to outside of them? Your moss looks too good to be growing just out in the sun out here.

Thank all of you. I'm glad that you like them :)

Hi, Zu, some of the plants are still in the big box :) I just put them out of the box for taking pictures. But mikei and ventricosa are growing under the full sun -- They are too big to put in any box. The dyeriana, the two ampullaria hybrid, the thorelii (d) hybrid, and the albomarginata are growing in my lowland terrarium. The moss grows quickly these days, and have covered all of my 3inch neps. Have you tried the big-box method? :)

Your neps look fantastic, especially like the jamban. How big is that pitcher?

Your neps look fantastic, especially like the jamban. How big is that pitcher?

Thank you. It's about 1.5inch cross. But it is not the biggest. The biggest (has not open) is about 2 inch cross. Jamban is one of my favorites, and has never stopped pitchering.

Thank all of you. I'm glad that you like them :)

Hi, Zu, some of the plants are still in the big box :) I just put them out of the box for taking pictures. But mikei and ventricosa are growing under the full sun -- They are too big to put in any box. The dyeriana, the two ampullaria hybrid, the thorelii (d) hybrid, and the albomarginata are growing in my lowland terrarium. The moss grows quickly these days, and have covered all of my 3inch neps. Have you tried the big-box method? :)

Nope, just have terrariums for the heliamphora though and they're loving it. The top is just metal mesh so it's not completely covered so they don't overheat. I've begun experimenting with growing the Nepenthes in trays lately though, so they don't dry out so much.

Here are some new pics taken recently.

N. x dyeriana
1690.jpg

N. ampullaria (red) x N. sibuyanensis
1702-1.jpg

N. glabrata
1644large.jpg

N. vogelii
1653.jpg

N. hamata
hamata.jpg

My sarrs.
1677.jpg

1669.jpg

Very nice! I'm thinking of getting the ampullaria x sibuyanensis after seeing yours :-O

Everything is still top notch, as usual. :hail:

Nice! My Nepenthes are just starting to look good after the winter but yours seems to look good all the time!

Very nice! I'm thinking of getting the ampullaria x sibuyanensis after seeing yours :-O

I strongly suggest you to grow this nep. It is so cute and has brilliant red color. You won't regret when you grow it.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Everything is still top notch, as usual. :hail:

Thanks, mass. It is a pity that I cannot grow more neps, due to limited growing space. Your GH really makes me envy.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Nice! My Nepenthes are just starting to look good after the winter but yours seems to look good all the time!

Thanks, Zu. This is probably because I live more closer to the beach, while you live more inside the inland. But you have a wonderful collection. Actually you have a wonderful collection. The only thing you need for your neps is a GH, like mass's :-O. I often image the scenario when I enter your GH someday :-D

Some random pics.

N. vogelii. This one has been sold and will go away soon. It is still my favorite. But I have no room to grow it and I am in need of money.

vogelii_2011_05_31.jpg

vogelii.jpg

N. xTM. More beautiful with age.
TM2.jpg

TM.jpg

N. glabrata
globata.jpg

Gorgeous LFS.
I really wanted to buy that vogelii, but the sale was already pending.
So THAT'S what you look like! All this time I wondered.. eymae x jacq is working on a newer, larger pitcher by the way. ;)
~whimper~ That's it!?!? MORE PICS PLEASE!!

Yeah, it's me. Now you know what I look like :-D I'll try to take more pics. But it is not easy to take pics for most neps, because they are growing in a big box and each puts its tendrills to other pots. It is difficult to take a pot out of the "nep jungle". I'm glad the eymae x jacq works well in your GH. Mine are also becoming bigger and colorful. I have big hope on this hybrid. Since it's newly created, no body sees its mature shape. Let's wait and see:-O

Gorgeous LFS.
I really wanted to buy that vogelii, but the sale was already pending.
So THAT'S what you look like! All this time I wondered.. eymae x jacq is working on a newer, larger pitcher by the way. ;)
~whimper~ That's it!?!? MORE PICS PLEASE!!

Took some pics today.

First, one of my favorites: N.jamban. It's newest pitcher has interesting peristome shape. Its peristome shape looks like the peristome of N.flava. You see?

Njamban2.jpg

Njamban4.jpg

Another favorite: N.jacq. Finally, it produces red pitchers. I once thought it produced green pitchers, and planed to buy a red one. Now I plan to buy a green one. :)
Njacq.jpg

S. judith hindle:
SxJudithHindle.jpg

N. maxima x truncate. This one will go to a new home.
Nmaximaxtruncate3.jpg

Nmaximaxtruncate2.jpg

Nmaximaxtruncate4.jpg

N. glabrata
Nglabrata.jpg

N. aristolochioides. This pitcher is full of fluid :)
Naristolochioides2.jpg

Naristolochioides1-1.jpg

Cephalotus 'typical'. Sorry for the blurry picture.
Cephalotus2.jpg

Some unknown plants:
IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got new pictures:

N. thorelii x aristolochioides (male)
IMG_6753.jpg

N. eymae x jacquelineae, seed grown
IMG_6690.jpg

N. x dyeriana (female)
IMG_6660-1.jpg

2560.jpg

N.mikei (upper pitcher)
2575.jpg

N.mikei (medium pitcher)
IMG_6725-1.jpg

N.mikei (low pitcher)
mikei.jpg

N. glabrata
IMG_6653-1.jpg

N. xTM
IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

N. thorelii (d), EP, female
IMG_6708.jpg

The new basal shoot
IMG_6704.jpg

S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White'
IMG_6737-1.jpg

EP's N. thorelii (d) you lucky dog!

I've put feelers out with various vendors for it but so far no one has it.

Oh man, yeah you can't take a pic of thorellii and not show a closeup of the pitchers!

Back