What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First signs of spring (finally)

some quickies I couldn't resist while outside cleaning the BBQ grill and getting it back in service...

finally, spring is in the air :)

some "weed" in the yard LOL
wildflower_hf.jpg

Some Daffodils my mom had planted many moons ago
daff_hf.jpg

excuse the exposure, I know I should have set up a diffuser but..... :p

woohoo spring!
:boogie:

Nice weed! Qu'est-ce que c'est-ca?

Great photos! I too, felt the spring wind today. :awesome: No flowers yet though, only flies!

Spring Flowers!

While it was a nice day out today,
all I saw was some old deer poop!
I will have to make another look around,
perhaps there is something better than fertilizer to see,
or maybe I am just too early.

I do have a couple Sarrs beginning to bloom in the greenhouse,
but that doesn't compare to those nice Daffodils!
VERY nice pics, as always!
:water:

After our unusually harsh winter, Spring sprung early! The Snowdrops were out about a month ago, as were the Croci! Daffodils have come out, I even saw a tulip last week! The cover has been taken off the mini-greenhouse, and I have a few flower buds! Pretty good considering I'm in northern England! Good riddance, Winter.
As for exposure, I think I can manage ;)

Looks like you are putting that nifty 108mm macro lens to good use B. Nice shots you got there. :)

Thanks V, the Daffodil pic was actually taken with my new Canon "Nifty Fifty" 50mm f1.8 prime lens

great 100usd-ish lens

Last edited:
Some more signs :)

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

cool pics carn :)
I was hoping you would post them

Thanks! Nothing too exciting yet, as the snow is just clearing! Hopefully more to come.

Sorry to bump this thread... I figured I'd add a few more. Last weekend I took a walk in Greenwood cemetery and was struck by how many crocuses were in bloom. Here are a few pics.

5585422174_5c967170ca_b.jpg

5585422622_feec876378_b.jpg

I've got some crocus and tulip bulbs in a planter outside... they're coming up very slowly; much later than they should. Probably not enough sunlight. Oh well. I'll post pics when they finally flower.

i saw some maples in bloom yesterday. feels good to see that. another week, and all of the snow should be gone too.

Crocus are pretty!

Back