What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Supermoon Tonight

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
There's a full moon tonight with the closest approach (perigee) to the earth in 18 years. It's been overcast and more rain is predicted tonight in Los Angeles but it might be a good photography opportunity for those of you with clear skies. The moon should appear about 14% larger and ~30% brighter than usual.

Google Photographing the moon for more info. A couple of the top hits:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~krcool/Astro/moon/howtophoto/index.htm
http://www.tzplanet.com/words/how-to-photograph-the-moon/50

Happy photographing!

hey not sure where ur all from but the moon is awsome here over the adirondack mountains....

No moon yet in New Mexico.

Big yellow-orange moon here.

party cloudy here, wahhh LOL

i can see it but its hazy

as bright as it is im sure u can see it with clouds.

Clear here and it's orange.

yeah i see a big fuzzy white ball, very poor detail

Pretty clear here. Its white, and very beautiful!

It is AMAZING here in Central Texas. I'll be sure to take some pictures. Thanks for the heads up Warren!

Phil

It's very bright and white over here. I tried taking photos, but I don't think my camera is capable. D:

Manual mode with tripod at the ISO, shutter speeds and apertures suggested on the pages I linked if possible should work.

I should've taken some pics of our view here.. it is an amazing orangish red, and massive!

Manual mode with tripod at the ISO, shutter speeds and apertures suggested on the pages I linked if possible should work.

It probably could work with my camera, but I just couldn't figure it out. I don't have the skillz. :p

I wasn't too impressed. I did get some nice pics, even 5 that had continuous shutter that shows the motion of the moon. I also tried some light painting with a 2.5 sec shutter.

we are overcast and stormy on the S Coast of Oregon, no view.
However, we are waiting and watching as the "scientists" have warned us of a major Cascadia Subduction Zone event for the week of the 17th to the 24th.:0o:

Back