What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My confession... I'm sorry.

Syllius

CP Pimp
It had been a really long day, I'll admit that I was probably in a foul mood. I decided to try and go on the patio to watch my plants and unwind, so I wouldn't take the stress of the day out on my family. I sat, watching my water tray, paying particular attention to my Dionaea, hoping that some unsuspecting bug would find it's way into the maze and alleviate my horrible tension with a quick snap. It wasn't a long wait, when before my eyes, a curious gnat decided to investigate the sweet smell wafting through the air.

He slowly descended upon the cluster of unforgiving traps. There, he gently pressed forward, a step at a time, occassionally scurrying through open and active traps, with a diligence completely unfathomable in a mere gnat. However, after more than a few passes through the Maze of Death, the poor unsuspecting victim triggered a newly formed trapped... And then darted out the other side.

At this point, I should have gotten up and fed my children. Something, though, compelled me to continue on my path towards carnage and it was only moments until I realized why: the termite that approached me mere seconds after the trap closing. This was sure to bring better results.

I carefully coaxed the termite onto a piece of leaf and dropped him into the Maze. "This should only take a minute.", I thought to myself. Then, I can resume my day without an urge to light the next person I see on fire. At this point, it's pretty important to mention my astonishment at the ability for VFTs to survive as a species at all. Three hairs just isn't enough.

Well, I'm happy to report, though, my day DID end with a satisfaction and education that I feel is, not only relevant, but pertinent to this forum:

VFT Salad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Oz. Finely chopped Dionaea Leaves/Traps
1/4 Cup Diced Cucumber
1/3 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Prepared Croutons

1. Mix together ingredients and toss with selected dressing

2. Serve 1 cup portions as an entree side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. This is a joke. Do NOT try to eat VFT, I will take no responsibility for the outcome...

Dan

P.S.S., Thank God for Drosera.

I like mine with Bleu cheese!

Re

ZOMG, Blue Cheese! NOM NOM NOM!

Do you wash out the traps first in case one of your guests is a vegan??

Any trapped insects would be added protein lol

Back