What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of Southeast Alaska

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date

D. anglica, D. rotundifolia, P. vulgaris habitat

D. anglica waking up

D. anglica, Utricularia sp.

D. rotundifolia, Utricularia sp.

Cool! Such awesome country up there. What port is that?

That's the Alaska Ship and Dry Dock here in Ketchikan, appears to be servicing two of our Alaska state ferries at the moment.

Why do the fourth and seventh pictures look so red on the right? And I love the Utricularia pictures. It looks like either intermedia or minor.

Yeah I think it may be minor too, but I know there are two species that grow here so I didn't want to speak out of line on what they might be.

Not sure about the coloration, it was just a weird day, lots of rain and then sun, my camera was just reacting to that I suppose.

What an awesome thread! It must be amazing to experience all of this natural beauty on a daily basis. Especially love the amphibian pics :D

What an awesome thread! It must be amazing to experience all of this natural beauty on a daily basis. Especially love the amphibian pics :D

Thank you! It is truly the greatest gift.

Dall ridge, Gravina island, Alaska

GOPR5036_zpsfb9qpbyk.jpg.html

Last edited:
Uhhh... I don't see anything.

That's pretty cool. I wonder what's wrong with your computer?

Woo. wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

A couple of the local carnivores from my last hike.

D. rotundifolia

D. anglica

P. vulgaris

I like the way the D. rotundifolia are growing out of the white lichen, if that is what it is. Are the P. vulgaris flowers really that light-colored?

Last edited:
The rotundifolia look particularly nice.

I like the way the D. rotundifolia are growing out of the white lichen, if that is what it is. Are the P. vulgaris flowers really that light-colored?

The settings on my camera might be on the brighter side, but that more or less is how those plants were colored. I've noticed a fair amount of variation in the shade of the blooms even in populations that are just a few feet apart.

The settings on my camera might be on the brighter side, but that more or less is how those plants were colored. I've noticed a fair amount of variation in the shade of the blooms even in populations that are just a few feet apart.

Back