What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to Oregon, Suggestions?

in mid summer (July 5-15th)this year my wife and i are planning to visit Oregon. Any suggestions of places to go to see nurseries in general and or places with CPs. Flying in to Portland and then heading down south. Might head back down Grant's Pass to see the Darlingtonia again, but see how they look in summer vs early spring. Any ideas would be helpful.

Mahalo,
Mach Fukada

PMed u kula, i am from ny and if u r ever up this far north i know where there are tons of wild sars and dews as well as utrics.

If you do make it down here to the far S. Coast...I know of a couple of places "off the beaten path" that you can hike into , about an hour from the road.
Darlingtonias galore! Spilling down the hillside toward the N. Fork of the Smith River, on the Oregon side. This is an easy hike and a great place to have a lunch among the Cobra's.
Let me know and I will give you the directions...or a guided tour.

If you do make it down here to the far S. Coast...I know of a couple of places "off the beaten path" that you can hike into , about an hour from the road.
Darlingtonias galore! Spilling down the hillside toward the N. Fork of the Smith River, on the Oregon side. This is an easy hike and a great place to have a lunch among the Cobra's.
Let me know and I will give you the directions...or a guided tour.

thanks. I will keep it in mind. Sill plotting and planning.

i have gotten to see the ones near the covered bridge. Might be trying to see south east side of Oregon this time. Not too sure. Drag the wife into the Bull Swamp or something.......

Back