What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold Snap

Wire Man

Sphagnum Guru
Is the return of winter weather frustrating anyone else? It was starting to get really nice outside last week and my CPs started reviving themselves, then it starts snowing....... :censor: I was looking forward to seeing how the plants weathered the winter, and a harsh one at that.

havent left winter yet here......still have 4 feet of snow in my front yard and chances of snow for atleast another week yet....the joys of the frozen north......

Going through a cold spell myself. Usually nice and warm here this time of year. Its 39F today.

This is the longest amount of time (from jan 1) without hitting 60f on record here in western Oregon.

This is the longest amount of time (from jan 1) without hitting 60f on record here in western Oregon.

We measure the arrival of Spring by the amount of days we hit 40f! ;)
not many so far..
(40 is a heat wave in February and March..at 50 people break out the shorts..)

Scot

yeah, i'm getting fed up with this so-called spring. we had some nice weather a couple of weeks ago, nearly melted all the snow, then we got 9" last week. someone said we've had 114 days straight now with snow on the ground, even for WI, that's pretty remarkable. my plants are still in the garage, been there since thanksgiving. i can tell they're yearning to get going, but it's gonna be at least another week or two till they can go out. it'll probably depend on a big system forecasted to move through here early next week. if we get snow, it'll stay too cold, if we get rain, that should get rid of the rest of the snow and allow temps to moderate.

Its actually relieveing for me because tbh the global warming thing keeping ny winters short cool (not freezing) and keepig snow away for nearly 4 years asside fomr an annual blizzard was creeping me out.

This is why I'm not moving any further north if I can help it. That's odd, Doomsday. We've been getting an unusual amount of snow in Virginia. It's good to know I'm not the only one that's fed up with the weather. Well, it's not a good thing, but still.

Back