What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acrylic dome and sphere sources?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I am looking for some 12", 16" and larger acrylic domes (hemispheres) and non-glass waterproof globes (with top access holes) for some non-plant related art projects requiring large clear pieces and I have found this seller on ebay with lots of stuff I could make use of:

http://stores.ebay.com/pmLightingSt...195149013&_sid=19443293&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

These guys can make almost anything I need in size or openings. But before I order anything I was curious if maybe someone knows of a cheaper source since these are pretty pricey the larger I go.

wai you like acrylic? i hate the fact that it scratches so easily.

They will not be touched other than to be transported once completed so that's not an issue.

Glass too expensive for the sizes I want, plus too heavy and breakable.

Have you tried Professional Plastics? If they don't have spheres, you might still be able to find a place to vacuum-form it for you - there's plenty of manufacturing industry in your neck of the woods, right? Otherwise, Petco sometimes has those ugly giant plastic fishbowls - you could just split one of those. I'd say check craft stores - I found all sorts of awesome containers for mini terrariums there - but I'm sure you're there regularly enough already.
Broke down and bought the mannequin, didn't you?
~Joe

No - Thankfully cos I found a flat wall mountable one just like I wanted for $22 on ebay - shipping on it is $35 though...! :D

Back