What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

939 posts later in this thread and we finally get to see a picture of TheZ_Yo's Balcony. :awesome:

wow....uppers....real bonafide platy uppers. so happy for you thez! looks amazing! im sorry i ever doubted or trolled you. :lol:
cant wait to see how mine start to look! everything looks like its growing so well for you. looks like i might be due for a repot. btw--campy has a basal, but i dont think it's gonna make it.

Wonderful plants!! I wouldn't worry about that tentaculata... it looks like it has a lil' bit of a lid syndrome which causes my Nepenthes pitchers to be paler then normal (and it's usually their first pitcher in my care). The next pitcher should look a lot more colored up :).

That platychila is hands down one of the nicest-looking nepenthes I've ever seen. Those uppers are unbelievable!!

Last edited:
Wow, beautiful plants!!! I love the platychila and the ovata; truely amazing. :hail:

Thanks for sharing!!

:bigthumpup:great update thez,your densiflora rob is very nice mine is slowly producing its first pitcher in my care,i think mine was labeled densiflora x king of spades but on the plant when i got it the label said densiflora x truncata,platy simply rules good growing

great l00king plants as always! love your Ovata!

Thanks guys :)

What are the little guys in this picture?
DSC_0010-25.jpg

I like that shape.
Beautiful colorful platy pitcher!

Looks like alata variegata. ???

Yep :) The plant had a setback due to bugs and low temps so I'm back to wee pitchers, but it's slowly recovering.

Wow, the N. platychila stole the show again! :clap:

Well, I've been away a week or so... some stuff grew in:

the window sill grown stuff first--
boschiana x campanulata
DSC_0001-43.jpg

DSC_0002-35.jpg

campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis)
DSC_0003-34.jpg

khasiana x viking
DSC_0004-40.jpg

cattleya of some pink/ruffly kind
DSC_0005-37.jpg

alocasia amazonica possibly setting seed
DSC_0006-38.jpg

thorelli x campanulata (tons of nectar)
DSC_0008-35.jpg

DSC_0010-27.jpg

robcantleyi
DSC_0011-26.jpg

DSC_0012-24.jpg

and outside that platychila... no change, but it is pretty :love: the pitcher developing to the right is hamata x platychila
DSC_0013-29.jpg

finally a year or actually 2 later a peter d'amato pitcher (bongso behind)
DSC_0014-26.jpg

brocchinia hechtioides blooming
DSC_0016-18.jpg

izumiae x xtrusmadiensis
DSC_0018-15.jpg

DSC_0019-18.jpg

DSC_0020-12.jpg

densiflora x robcantleyi
DSC_0021-13.jpg

ventricosa MT
DSC_0022-11.jpg

Love the peristome shot on izumiae x trusmadiensis. How long have you had it?

That camp x (spec x tal) is really turning out nicely. Great plants!

Wow! The plants faired well while you we're gone. I really love the iz x TM. How did the smaller plants fair?

Love the peristome shot on izumiae x trusmadiensis. How long have you had it?

Thanks :) Hmm... Couple years? I don't really remember. More than a year and less than three :lol:

That camp x (spec x tal) is really turning out nicely. Great plants!

Wow! The plants faired well while you we're gone. I really love the iz x TM. How did the smaller plants fair?

Yeah, some look crappy though. Thanks, and they're alright.

Thez,
Thank you for the reply :D! I sent you one back but your inbox is full lol ow and yes, it's a gecko on my head lol

Regards*

Look like your N. x briggsiana wanted to welcome you home after seeing that enormous one at the conference. The boschiana x campy looks interesting. All hail Queen Zuzunums!

Nice pitchers! How exciting to see developments after being gone on vacation! Excites me every time :D.

Back