What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That pitcher doesnt look horrible to me. You should see mine:D.

Good to see your plants again! I'm glad you are feeling well enough to start shooting again. That N. dubia is just.... :-))

oohhh that orchid is a bute and the vent x tm looks promising.

Your humidity divided by zero. :lol:

Good to see you're feeling better. How can the humidity be that low?

That pitcher doesnt look horrible to me. You should see mine:D.

I'll try to take a pic of the whole plant then... but it had bugs or something so it really does look miserable :-D

Good to see your plants again! I'm glad you are feeling well enough to start shooting again. That N. dubia is just.... :-))

The poor thing... the AW dubia's a shorty but at least has more than what like, 5 leaves? :lol:

oohhh that orchid is a bute and the vent x tm looks promising.

Yay thanks! I hope it does something... that vent x x tm has two pitchers that look like they're forming right now so hopefully one of them isn't aborted and I actually get two out of it :banana2:

Your humidity divided by zero. :lol:

tru dat

Good to see you're feeling better. How can the humidity be that low?

Thanks :) Cuz it's a crappy pet store gauge? Im sure it was something ridiculously low but not actually negative. San Diego is a desert after all... coastal desert with irrigation and lots of nightly fog cover most of the time, but when the fog decides to run off for a little it it'll just turn you into wireman-jerky :p

I took some poorly focused shots of tendrils while I'm waiting for pitchers to start opening again :awesome:

lowii x truncata 'wide peristome'
DSC_0028-2.jpg

flava
DSC_0029.jpg

veitchii K
DSC_0030-3.jpg

platychila
DSC_0031-2.jpg

bongso
DSC_0032-1.jpg

stenophylla
DSC_0033-3.jpg

xTriffid
DSC_0034-2.jpg

omg the wrong focus >.< maxima x campanulata
DSC_0035-3.jpg

inermis
DSC_0036-3.jpg

petiolata
DSC_0037-3.jpg

eymae x jacquelinae
DSC_0038-2.jpg

hamata x platychila
DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0040-3.jpg

Wow! Everything looks great! Can't wait to see all of them open. :p

Thanks lime :)

i wanna see the platy pitcher open! excited!

So do I :lol: I've been waiting on it for months. Since it's been cold, it stopped developing... I expect it might be a month or two til it finishes forming and opens and all.

Oooo, N. flava. I'm excited for that one.

Your hamata x platychila definitely looks better than mine. Mine has zero pitchers, only one nice looking leaf and its growing slower than any other nepenthes I have.

Very nice variety of plants. Cant wait to see them mature.

I can't wait for them all either >.<

Yeah the hamata x platychila had a bout of bugs right between the green and red leaves LOL :-))

I guess I took more pictures of my crappy looking plants hoping that I found some stuff that looked good... I was mistaken but here are the fruits of my labors regardless:

the vft Red Piranha waking up... things don't go dormant for too long here. The heatwave the first week of January might have woken up everything early; but it was chilly all of last year so maybe it evens out and their dormancy was long enough?
DSC_0036-4.jpg

poorly focused chaniana... sorry :( it was the only plant to get downgraded a pot size. I think it was in a bigger pot earlier because the leaves were bigger... oops.
DSC_0001-3.jpg

what are we calling this now... x robcantleyi?
DSC_0002-3.jpg

oddly enough even after a repot the petiolata held onto this pitcher that opened moooonnnths ago. here it is hanging out in the BE aristolochioides' pot (the aristo, sadly, has no pitchers *sigh*)
DSC_0003-2.jpg

this stenophylla pitcher's been around a while too... been hiding before the great rearrange after I got back from re-coup/vacation in Vermont
DSC_0004-3.jpg

campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) ... no lid, but at least it catches things
DSC_0005-2.jpg

that u.nelumbifolia flower bud still growing
DSC_0006-5.jpg

and the xTriffid still kept that pitcher after the repot too
DSC_0007-2.jpg

ventricosa x x trusmadiensis has a strange tubby pitcher like this too (the other has a red lid). I hope this isn't that weird winter thing where the pitchers never pop open :ohno:
DSC_0010-3.jpg

adrianii growing like a champ, though pitcher production has slowed somewhat and I'm wondering if it's the cold from last year or because it's working on a BEASTLY basal.
DSC_0011-4.jpg

spectabilis x truncata tendril... the thing has suuuuuuccchhhh tall hair! I love the little alien.
DSC_0012-4.jpg

here's the rearrange (sorry about the focus)
DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0018-3.jpg

thorelli x campanulata... not looking too hot but I guess chugging along despite the weather
DSC_0014-2.jpg

AW villosa
DSC_0015-3.jpg

and AW macrophylla
DSC_0017-2.jpg

veitchii K
DSC_0019-4.jpg

mikei with basal - they drop pitchers if they get repotted so it's looking barren :eek:
DSC_0020-2.jpg

here's the other rack of neps because they don't all fit (ugh... have to downsize again!)
DSC_0021-2.jpg

pygmy dews looking crappy
DSC_0022-2.jpg

D.filiformis sbsp filiformis resprouting in the sarr minibog
DSC_0023-3.jpg

the minibog with the cobras - the multifida resprouting among the D.spathulata x capensis, vft sawtooth and cobra
DSC_0024-3.jpg

vft Korean Melody Shark, D.filiformis red resprouting, cobras, and vft Big Mouth
DSC_0025-2.jpg

D.filiformis red hanging out in its own pot too
DSC_0026-1.jpg

D.hamiltonii
DSC_0028-3.jpg

I have no idea what this is... probably D.lantau island hybrid or however it's spelled
DSC_0029-1.jpg

D.spathulata tamlin
DSC_0031-3.jpg

ventricosa x hamata popped!
DSC_0033-4.jpg

AW ventricosa
DSC_0034-3.jpg

Seeing your mikei makes me realize that I REALLY need to repot mine out of the live lfs that the vendor originally sent it to me in. Mine has done nothing for nearly four months. Kept the same pitcher the entire time though.

Seeing your mikei makes me realize that I REALLY need to repot mine out of the live lfs that the vendor originally sent it to me in. Mine has done nothing for nearly four months. Kept the same pitcher the entire time though.

Mine did nothing but try to die when I first got it and actually the main growth point now was a side shoot that I practically made sacrifices to ancient polytheistic gods to in a bid to hope it would resprout. I'm actually kind of worried because of the basal... I hope the plant doesn't try to die again :ohno:

Oh, everything's doing good :)
I especially like the little alien :p

Back