What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carn: I'm sure it was my fault.

Dex: hmm... actually, I think I might have had it for 2ish years now? It doesn't start out as much but man-alive they get nice fast once they have that truncata-ish growth-spurt! Must be like your spectalangensis :p

great to see the densiflora koc with such great pitchers,i got one not knowing what it would look like,and it looks damn fine to me

I think I'll label these in a little bit - just want to get the pics up first :awesome:

N.mikei pitchers hanging out - the plant dropped most of them on repot but is perking back up and the basal is going strong too
DSC_0046-2.jpg

Nestled in the N.ovata pot, a N.campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) pitcher inflating
DSC_0044-2.jpg

N.hamata x platychila
DSC_0042-3.jpg

mostly-crappy Cephalotus :(
DSC_0039-2.jpg

more crappy looking Ceph pots :(
DSC_0038-3.jpg

N.platychila tendrils
DSC_0037-4.jpg

DSC_0036-5.jpg

DSC_0035-4.jpg

Two shots of a N.ventricosa x x trusmadiensis (B) pitcher that just opened up - different light levels yet it's still awesome no matter what :drool:
DSC_0033-5.jpg

DSC_0031-5.jpg

some unidentified pygmies - I have stakes in there but I can't be bothered to try to figure it out :p
DSC_0030-5.jpg

DSC_0029-3.jpg

These tall ones are D.lasiantha
DSC_0028-5.jpg

DSC_0024-5.jpg

U.bisquamata taking over a minibog :mwahaha: yay for holding the peat down!
DSC_0023-5.jpg

S.xJudith Hindle! My first opened pitcher for the year!
DSC_0021-4.jpg

N.veitchii K - this one is tinier than the last, but the colouring is great.
DSC_0020-5.jpg

my first inflated and opened N.eymae x x trusmadiensis pitcher!
DSC_0019-6.jpg

DSC_0018-4.jpg

That skinny tiny fiery pitcher is my first S.flava ornata black veins semi-dwarf pitcher for the year - and my first flava pitcher for the year actually (the rubricorpora hasn't put up a pitcher yet :down:)
DSC_0017-6.jpg

S.xUmlauftiana putting up a pitcher next to S.rosea luteolata (and that tall dew you're seeing in the sarr minibogs is filiformis sbsp filiformis. the one in the vft/cobra bog is the red filiformis from florida I think)
DSC_0016-5.jpg

There's a petiolata pitcher hiding in there that just keeps growing - seriously GREAT colors, fast grower, takes repotting like a champ, and mature plants have GIGANTIC pitchers. You can't lose - it's like all the great things that a hybrid could have but it's a species!
DSC_0015-7.jpg

My only ceph doing well - Big Boy
DSC_0014-6.jpg

N.Robcantleyii
DSC_0013-9.jpg

that all-green pitcher is N.spathulata x hamata. I am not pleased with the colour :glare:
DSC_0009-6.jpg

N.izumiae x x trusmadiensis pitcher inflating
DSC_0008-10.jpg

vft/cobra/dew minibog with different focal-points so you can see both front and back :lol:
DSC_0007-9.jpg

DSC_0006-13.jpg

D.graomogolensis from a Dew-king :hail:
DSC_0003-9.jpg

N.macrophylla BE still inflating
DSC_0002-10.jpg

aaand an ugly deformed puny N.xTriffid pitcher that opened up to close things off :-))
DSC_0001-11.jpg

Last edited:
amazing pics thez!

Thanks Heli!

so many plants! so much awesome! im excited to see the mac pop and your sarrs pitcher up! and nice to see the graomo growing strong!

Hurray! Finally, it seems like your picture taking might pick-up for the season.

Everything looks great, keep us opdated on the N. petiolata.

Thanks guys :) Yeah now that I have my right hand and back mostly in working order again expect an onslaught of pics as soon as summer gets underway full swing :laaa:

Haha, I love the commentaries! I needed the giggles today. :) Everything looks great!

Looking good ! I love it all

Probably already answered in the 70 pages, but how cold does it get there on winter nights? Ever have to move the plants inside for summer/winter?

Pineapple: get to about 45/50 F at night at the lowest in the winter and maybe 55/60 during the day at the lowest. I used to move Helis in during the summer when it would hit more than 80 during the day, but I got rid of them because it's a hassle. If I know it's gonna be 90+, I move the villosa, dubia, inermis, aristolochioides, and rhh inside for the day.

Moar pics! The petiolata popped!
DSC_0047-3.jpg

and so did that little green spathulata x hamata!
DSC_0049-1.jpg

and campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) too!
DSC_0050-2.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

and inermis!
DSC_0053-2.jpg

and dubia from AW!
DSC_0055-2.jpg

(dubia from BE is sulking :()

and petiolata x x trusmadiensis!
DSC_0062-1.jpg

and here's some update shots of stuff that's opened better/colored up-
eymae x x trusmadiensis
DSC_0064.jpg

d.filiformis sbsp filiformis with its buddy S.purp montana to the left
DSC_0067-1.jpg

S.xJudith Hindle
DSC_0068.jpg

a hitch-hiker in the N.muluensis
DSC_0054-2.jpg

and I finally got a closer look at vft B52
DSC_0058-3.jpg

...and Royal Red
DSC_0061-2.jpg

and the D.spathulata x capensis
DSC_0060-3.jpg

Last edited:
That petiolata is a beauty. I'm looking forward to seeing the pitcher fully-matured. A nice crop of photos, Thez.

Nice. I like the inermis and dubia.

Thanks! Wine glasses are best :awesome:

You are right, petiolata is nice!

Your photography is improving every time you post on this thread. And the plants just keep getting better and better!

It's just :drool:

Back