What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your robcantleyi seems to take on Qoh traits! beautiful*

Whoa - you got it goin' on at your place! I especially like the hamata crosses.

I love your robcantleyi. Maybe I get one instead of truncata? :awesome:
Sorry to hear your hamata isnt pitchering, hope it starts soon!

Thanks... yessssssssss get the rob! Oh... the red hairy? Yeah I've been trying to coax it for the past year... I'm feeling lucky this year though :lol:

I cannot get my jacqs to pitcher bigger than a fraction of an inch. You do such a great job with tenuis and jacq! :)

Thank you :hail: They've only just started doing things now that the weather's warmed up.

hey Thez, i'm wondering what you think of ventricosa x hamata. is it a hardy and vigorous one ? i'm planning to get one as well so i'd like to hear your thoughts on it..

I do think it's vigorous and hardy :) I'd go for it!

Wow Im in awe! :drool: Did you get your Tenuis from AW?

Thanks! Yes... afaik he's the only source for us 'normal' folk without crazy connections ???

your robcantleyi seems to take on Qoh traits! beautiful*

thank you very much for your input, thez_yo, i'll be getting ventricosa x hamata. love your thread by the way, different and inspiring.

Haha XD you're welcome and thanks :p

Wow, I must have missed this yesterday. Your plants are looking great. Are they inside now, for the most part? Really blown away by the tenuis.

Wow, I must have missed this yesterday. Your plants are looking great. Are they inside now, for the most part? Really blown away by the tenuis.

Naw, the stuff that isn't outside is the clippies, hami, and peltata are in a terra, and behind a west-facing window is campy x (spec x talan), rob, viking x khasi, veitchii K, bosch x campy, alata, xClarabell, clippy x clippy x eymae, nephthys, campy x max and campy x thor. Otherwise, west-facing balcony for the rest of the CPs.

seriously, how do you grow on a balcony? light, humidity, etc.? thanks in advance.

Seriously and not for jokes? :p

I just water when things are dry. 1-2 times a week depending on how light the pots are (pick them up - if they don't weigh like the compost is wet enough, water :p) for neps. For sarra/ceph/vft/cobra/drosera water when the saucer dries out. West facing balcony, and a couple weeks acclimation when I first get the plants. Conditions vary enough (wind/cloud cover/temps/humidity/etc.) that I usually give everything a once-over look-at in the morning or evening to make sure nothing too drastic happened the previous 24hrs. Sometimes I mist with superthrive/orchid fert/neem but nothing too regular.

The campanulata x (spec x talangensis) is still probably my favorite plant in your collection.

Seriously and not for jokes? :p

I just water when things are dry. 1-2 times a week depending on how light the pots are (pick them up - if they don't weigh like the compost is wet enough, water :p) for neps.

seriously, Do you live near the ocean? what is you ambient humidity? no, seriously. ;)

Swweeet! It looks like the RHH is working on some pitchers at least, which is definitely something.

Swweeet! It looks like the RHH is working on some pitchers at least, which is definitely something.

:grin: yes it is!

The campanulata x (spec x talangensis) is still probably my favorite plant in your collection.

I think it's mine too :0o: thanks!!

seriously, Do you live near the ocean? what is you ambient humidity? no, seriously. ;)

Yes, I do. Not too close - I don't necessarily get all the delicious fogs that roll in like the apartment I used to have in Point Loma, but I do get me some humidity. Right now my crappy petstore meter says... 55% but I did just water, and I think it's +/- 20% off :lol: All of the plants save for villosa do best May-Julyish so um... http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/92103 for some planty cultural requirements :p

Great update, ¡Can't wait for the tenuis to open!

You're in luck it just did tonight!! :awesome:

I'll label in a little bit.. ok, now that I've eaten dinner, time to do some labeling... I took some photos at work of my terra with my cellphone, so sorry the pics have focuses in the weirdest places :lol:

D.paradoxa (in terra @ work)
IMG_1588.jpg

N.hamiguitanensis in the center of the tank - behind it clippy clone 2, and D.lanata way up close on the left with D.paradoxa in the back (in terra @ work)
IMG_1587.jpg

D.lanata... two shots cuz the focus just didn't wanna go somewhere useful :lol:
IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

N.clipeata clone 2
IMG_1581.jpg

N.peltata
IMG_1580.jpg

N.clipeata clone U omg peltate leaf insertion on the latest leaf :laaa: :spazz:
IMG_1578.jpg

N.clipeata clone U
IMG_1572.jpg

N.clipeata clone U
IMG_1571.jpg

the latest N.sibuyanensis x xtrusmadiensis basal pitcher for me. The main growth point has pretty much just died off, so ... I guess the basal is a good thing. :crap: I guess.
DSC_0019-16.jpg

... and from the side :p I guess I'm just excited it's made a whole three pitchers for me this year vs. the usual 1 per year since I got it :lol:
DSC_0018-13.jpg

OMNOMNOM good job platychila! :awesome: caught its own lunch (a hornet ???)
DSC_0014-23.jpg

N.hamata x platychila
DSC_0013-26.jpg

N.hamata x platychila (the last pitcher that for
DSC_0012-21.jpg

N.hamata x platychila (the last pitcher that formed for me)
DSC_0011-22.jpg

N.hamata BE the last pitcher that formed for me
DSC_0010-23.jpg

...the whole plant with my whole two pitchers!!
DSC_0009-27.jpg

..and that newest pitcher from the front. N'aww fuzzy wuzzy!
DSC_0008-31.jpg

the big pitcher with the condensation inside is N.ovata BE, that bright little red/orange one is N.dubia SG from Wistuba from Malea
DSC_0007-29.jpg

N. ventricosa x xtrusmadiensis (B) just opened maybe... 2 nights ago
DSC_0006-34.jpg

N.tenuis from AW just opened last night... not gonna lie, I peeled the lid up some to help it along :lol:
DSC_0004-35.jpg

N.khasiana x viking with a N.thorelli x campanulata photo-bombing in the back :p
DSC_0002-30.jpg

and a wee bitty N.boschiana x campanulata basal pitcher
DSC_0001-38.jpg

Last edited:
Wow..... Dat tenuis.

TheZ they are amazing! are there three trusmadiensis hybrids in those pics?

Wow, someone please tell me what neps those are in pics 15 and 16 :drool:

Now you've done it, i want a tenuis

Back