Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TerraForums Random Picture/Video Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Liz.... that is the coolest cake I have ever seen. No lie. I am almost considering getting a vanity plate that says mewtwo but I think I actually want to have a girlfriend at some point in my life..

Anyway,

speaking of Liz this is the only plant you gave me that survived and it doing quite well!

Pinguicula moctezumae

And then,

Some people taking a picture of their friends while their friends take a picture of them while I take a picture of them all. Muahaha!

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother is in Chile right now, and there are student protests on a regular basis. He is a mock journalist when that happens

Yes, those are soldiers on horses...

Yes, that is a tank.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow man that last picture is a great shot!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built our chickens a new coop+run. The run is just so that they have 24/7 access to the outdoors where they can still be safe from predators. The run is opened up (via their little "chicken door" - big enough for a chicken, small enough to at least be uncomfortable for some of the larger predators, and it gives the chickens somewhere safe they can run to in case of a hawk, which I highly doubt would land outside the coop, hop through the door, grab a chicken, hop back out the door, and fly off with it...) every morning so that they can free-range all day, then is closed up at night so they can still stretch out and get some fresh air, but remain safe.

The coop is 8 feet by four feet, the run is twelve by twelve.

Nesting area. The little roof is on hinges so we can just lift that up and grab the eggs; no need to go into the run, let alone the coop itself.

The nest boxes.

Their "chicken door" into and out of the run, which is closed every night and opened every morning.

Real house shingles!

The combo door/ramp to the coop opened up; it remains open 24/7.

And closed.

Draft elimination.

The people door opened up.

Inside, with their double roost which gives them all more than enough room to be comfortable and spaced out.

250w infrared heat lamp #1.

250w infrared heat lamp #2. Both are thermostatically controlled; on at 35, off at 45.

Yes, I realize this picture is sideways... too lazy to fix it. It was supposed to show that I built an inside frame for the door to eliminate any drafts coming through the cracks around the door.

There's also a 1/4" rubber mat on the bottom for super easy cleaning - take it out, hose it off, put it back. I'm using the "deep litter" method which you may or may not know anything about depending on if you have ever or currently do raise chickens. Essentially, you normally have to clean out a chicken coop at least once a month to keep ammonia levels down. With the deep litter method, you basically let nature do its thing. You start off with at least 6 inches of litter (in my case, pine shavings, and I'm starting with about 8 inches), and simply use a rake to turn it over once a week or so. This allows nature to decompose the chicken waste. As needed, you add some more litter a few times a year at most to maintain a deep litter. The result is only needing to clean the coop out once or twice a year, which I'm TOTALLY down with, haha. I'm also about to build a tumbling composting bin so that we can compost the litter when we empty the coop out and use that to fertilize our garden. Did you know chicken poop is some of the best fertilizer on the planet? It is, by far, the best of the "manure" fertilizers. ^.^

Oh, yeah... I decided to shingle the roof, THEN get it on top of the coop... bad move. It turned out to be somewhere between four and five HUNDRED pounds. That was fun getting up there. >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dex: Oh come on, go for it!!! There are plenty of girls that like Pokemon and would make that a plus (mylifeisaverage.com proves that, and me and my friends wouldn't complain about such ownership either :P) But wow, that thing got huge!! It looks great, I'm happy it survived! ^-^

@SIG: Neat pictures!

@Reaper: OMG. That. Is. AWESOME. Very nicely built!! But where's the chickens? *wants to see*

And so this isn't a bust, some of my favorite things I saw at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago! ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the ladies on their roost at midnight. So rude of me to come in there with a flash.

And the newbies, growing up in the garage until they're old enough to join the rest.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my mom was visiting, we dropped by Balboa Park. While there, someone was giving a pipe organ recital so I caught some of it on my camera/phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wildflower

Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ