What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

had planned on being good this weekend......

drove over half way across the state for meetings and workshops and had planned on being have as far as spending money......

was killing time before the meetings started and went to Barnes and Nobel at the mall in Bozeman, MT to look for a dice game, found it and walked out into the main hall of the mall and am greeted with near 100 feet of benches filled with orchids......huh.....turns out Bozeman has an orchid club and this weekend is their annual orchid show complete with three vendors......crap......looked them over and wound up late for the meeting but i vowed to come back......

we got done with the meeting and went back over to the mall......told the wife she might not want to witness this and sent her to Pennys :0o: i was looking over one vendors orchids and a gal was talking to the vendor bout how often paphs bloom, she said depends.....i pipe up for me they bloom bout every 8 months or so but i grow them in consistent conditions in my basement under lights with carnivorous plants and not in windows.......a guy standing beside me said "Carnivorous plants? i need to talk to you!" turns out i found one of whats prolly only a handful of CP growers in Montana and we spent a half hour discussing our various plants......also turns out his grandfather owned a couple papers that friends of ours own now......told him to drop me a email at our paper and i would see what i could do bout getting him some more CP's......

as far as orchids picked up Angraecum sesquipedale, Gongora galeata and Masdevallia Shinichi Komoda.........likely stopping back tomorrow for more......

Hehe. Well, you were networking, right? It's a business expense! :D
~Joe

picked up more.....
Dichaea spp (prob. similis)
Brassavola grandiflora
Brassavola cucullata

Back