What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transplanted Peppers

Vbkid

Getting There...
So today I transplanted a whole lot of bell/spicy pepper seedlings, about 2 months old, into 1 liter containers outside. Immediately after transplanting the leaves all got pretty withered and droopy. Should I be overly ocncerned? Or is this normal and hopefully they perk up with the sun/watering. I watered em al ldown pretty good to try get good soil/root contact. Any experience in this?

P.S. I have read about recommendations for acclimating them to outside, but my apartment is definitely lacking in room for lots of 1 liter containers inside. Will they probably still survive if they are just left outside permanently?

some plants will start dropping and showing some transplant stress signs within a few hours of the event. they tend to perk up just fine after a day or 2, though i'd keep it in partial sun until they regain their vigor. once they have bounced back, slowly move them around to more sun over a few days/weeks.

So I came home tonight to find the plants looking much better, with some browning and/or burnt leaves, but overall seem to be doing ok...ill put em out for slightly less tomorrow

some plants will start dropping and showing some transplant stress signs within a few hours of the event. they tend to perk up just fine after a day or 2, though i'd keep it in partial sun until they regain their vigor. once they have bounced back, slowly move them around to more sun over a few days/weeks.

^Ditto! Peppers are so fun and easy to grow.

Make sure to share some pics once they are mature and producing fruit!

Just put my cayennes outside :D
Some are allrdy flowering :O

I have some flowers forming on both some hot and sweet peppers. they have all cheered up, a tad concerned about some bugs crawling on some, but I think they might just be generic little yellow bugs.

Back