What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Hobbies, "Make Mine a "Batwing"

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
It's been a while since we saw a other hobbies thread, and with many new members I think it's time we had one.

Here is one of mine. My family refers to it as the "batwing' after a stealth fighter jet, not the animal.

My biggest problem is if I let it get out of tune..58 strings are a lot of strings to tune. :D
IMG_2544.jpg

My hobby growing up was tropical fish. On Facebook I play a lot of Scrabble.

That's a hammer dulcimer (sp?), Right? I love the sound of those! So therapeutic and awesome!

I have a planted tank, a few terrariums, random orchids, and I play violin and horse-head fiddle (morin khuur).

For those of you who don't know what a morin khuur is, here's a quick YouTube video of a Mongolian ensemble with three morin khuurch (morin khuur players). It's a unique instrument. :awesome:

Talent!
I have none.
But I do enjoy growing my own Cannabis and Kayak fishing.
I also belong to the local yacht club, not as an owner....as a crew member aboard a 51'er named
"bushwacker". One of two boats in our Port that were undamaged by the latest Tsunami.

Lets see.....

Fishing
Hunting (when the mood strikes me)
Video gaming
Katana swordsmanship (Shinkendo)
Gardening (fruits, veggies and flowers).
Tarantuala keeping
Orchids and other non-CPs.
Cooking

Hmm...I think that's it......

Last edited:
That's a hammer dulcimer (sp?), Right? I love the sound of those! So therapeutic and awesome!

Ayup..even got the spelling right:-D

So I forgot to post what my hobbies were...

I like a lot of things, art, drawing, I love playing volleyball, Ultimate frisbee, soccer and especially hacky sack, but my more major hobbies include macrame` and creating music.

I especially like working with hemp, Jade, bone and wood, but I'll make jewelry out of just about anything. I sell my crafts at an annual art festival we have here in town. Here's a taste:

DSCN5908.jpg

Most importantly I am a musician and I love creating music. I mainly play guitar and sing but I will play whatever I can get my hands on! I have some songs uploaded here:

http://soundcloud.com/pmjj

I bought a Hammered Dulcimer and gave it to my uncle to restring and tune for me, that was in about 1995.... I don't think he's gonna get it done! :lol:

Outside my plants & terrariums:

uploading stuff from my reviewers to Battlehelm.com metal mag
sculpting
drawing
writing weird fiction
Cernunnos Woods dark ambient music project
nature walks
playing with my cats

I collect skulls, bones, freaks of nature and other oddities.

Aside from CPs:
Beekeeping
General gardening (veggies and flowers)
Sewing (though it hasn't been so much of a hobby since I started doing it for a living ^_^;; )
Dance
Knitting
Dice (playing and collecting)
Video games
Those are my main ones. I also enjoy cosplay, soap making, and paintball but I haven't had any time for them for over a year.

I build lasers, not many so far due to it being quite an expensive hobby, but hobby still.
I also love to tinker with computers and play with Linux.
Since I was a kid i loved chemistry and especially pyro-chemistry. At some point I was really into rocketry but haven't done much lately.
I am also addicted to listening books on tape (Hard SciFi, Stephen Baxter, Alastair Reynolds and others)
Love watching Anime :)

Back