What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some bad news

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well I used to live in Asheville NC and last summer I moved to Springdale PA and since space was short i was forced to leave most of my sarracenia in Asheville. Well last weekend my family and I went down to clean up the yard to make it more appealing to potential buyers and get my sarrs. Well when I get there there all gone!!:0o: so I dumped the barrel, lots of nasty water and empty pots! I'm guessing a raccoon tipped them into the water since it's happened before. Guess I'm going to up-date my growlist:-(

Bad luck dude sorry. :(

Man, raccoons! They are the scum of the earth if you ask me. This story pales in comparison to your tragic loss (I'm very sorry by the way), but there's a family of raccoons that lives near my apartment here in Brooklyn. They've taken quite a liking to the tulip bulbs I have planted in pots on my front stoop. Every few days I come back and another bulb has been dug up and munched on! Bah!!!

TheFury, yeah they've pulled a few daffodils out of my yard up here in PA!! I thought I might escape the raccoon "Plague" by moving to a place without two acres of woods as my back yard, but no such luck!

TheFury, yeah they've pulled a few daffodils out of my yard up here in PA!! I thought I might escape the raccoon "Plague" by moving to a place without two acres of woods as my back yard, but no such luck!

2 Acres? Wow, nice CP growing area!
Aww, Raccoons can be a pain. They played with my Moore's Melody(which is kind of hard to find) over the winter, I hope it survives.

That's wierd i live in Ga where there are TONS of racoons and i live on 17 acres and i grow all of my carnivorous plants outside (including tropical) and nothing has bothered them not to mention we have bob cats, racoons, rabbits, deer, fox, cyoties, hawks, eagles, bears and lots more but can't name them all and i to live in the woods. Very weird i guess you live in a area where the racoons are dreadful once again sorry.

Back