What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i hate idiots.....

starting to get a tad torqued over this whole Obama birth certificate issue and "news organizations" not doing their due diligence.....

first let me say nothing would make me happier than it proved a fake and think its absolutely stupid and disgraceful it took Obama 3 years to release it......

HOWEVER if i see one more "Photoshop Expert" try and show ppl that the dang thing is fake cause of layers in the pdf im gonna come unhinged......

#1 your not looking at layers you are looking at "patches" created by the algorithm in Adobe Illustrator....

#2 these patches have absolutely NOTHING to do with layers used in messing with a photo or anything else in Photoshop......the program does it automatically to EVERY SINGLE pdf you open....the masthead of our paper which was created by hand more than 50 years ago and never built on a computer, just scanned in via a flatbed scanner and turned directly into a PDF....if i open this up in Illustrator the program will automatically create nearly 200 patches under the layers heading.....

#3 a "photoshop expert" is not necessarily an "illustrator expert", while the programs contain alot of similarities they also have alot of differences....if i placed a "photoshop expert" at my desk and opened Adobe Indesign where we build our newspaper pages they would likely be totally lost....

#4 photo manipulation layers are NEVER saved in a PDF file, they are saved in a PSD file....you can not in anyway open up the layers used to create a PDF in Photoshop or in Illustrator.....

now i do see some interesting things that might not fit and support the claims of forgery but i have also seen similar things pop up due to glitches in the software of the flatbed scanners at my shop.....my gut feeling is the BC is genuine, but as i said, shoulda been released 3 years ago, and why were we told this long form didnt exist when it actually did? that is a serious question to ponder.....also given my work i absolutly hate someone who says they have nothing to hide actively hiding stuff they should have no problem releasing, that aint right and mocks our entire system.....i cant stand ANY politician doing so.....

not sure if the "photoshop experts" are just that experts in the one program and not realizing what they are looking at or if they are intentionally misleading ppl but either way its not right.....the video is completely accurate, i quickly and easily duplicated what i saw in the videos with my copy of Illustrator......difference being i knew what in the hell i was looking at....

we can thank the genius of "the Donald" for all the recent commotion in White House media, if he does indeed run for presidency perhaps the United States will stop so called bowing to other nations. I'd prolly vote for Trump man since I can support his oil arguments regarding Opec though i disagree with his philosophy of invading Iran only for oil sounds tyrannical to me. Better yet he'll be one tough cocky president that will put our current systems in chin check mode..... GO TRUMPY!!!

dont care for Trump for a variety of reasons.....do like the pressure he is putting on Obama in regard to the BC and other documents he should have released years ago......dont much care what the documents actually say but there was no reason they should have been sealed and such.....you dont run on a platform of transparency than hide basic stuff....

transparency in his political plate can be facts to be discovered, but yes Obama has to come with clean hands with all the pressure Trump is imposing on him. Now Trump has hired another investigator to find Obama's college and high school records. Donald's on the move to give O the public fade swing while he should perhaps concentrate more on his public image for presidency. I mean Obama is not perfect and frowned on by many but for a tycoon of his stature straight hounding for the president isn't much of an act of diplomacy. Even though he claims he'll sped 600+ million for his campaign some parts of his attitude shows shallowness

dont matter much to me.....Obama said he had nothing to hide than hid stuff......dont want Trump for president but he is doing what someone shoulda done 3 years ago......the fact no one else be it other candidates or journalists means we have alot wrong with our system.....pretty easy to tell when a politician is lying, his lips are moving, and NEVER trust one that says "trust me" i dont trust any politician regardless of party......

but then again i figure my job with my papers is keeping elected officials legal and as honest as i can......ive demanded a county sheriff campaigning for re-election that i wanted to see reelected to produce proof.....figured there was a good chance he was telling the truth, and he was, but my job aint to take his word, my job is to see proof.....i take elected officials to task all the time for trying to hide stuff.....

if i had Trumps cash i would take on Obama too.....unfortunately 2 weeks worth of lawyer cost on a level like that is more than i gross with my two papers in a year, i dont have the funds for a battle like that.....

me and you can make a great team running this country.... U can take care of hunting and firearms rights while ill care for reptile and cigar legislation whatchu say rattler let's campaign! :p

Trump said if Obama released his Birth Certificate, that he'd release his Tax info :grin: I'm waiting.... :lol:

not exactly like Trumps financial world is a huge secret.....guessing if a person knew where to look it wouldnt be hard to track down a copy.....the releasing his taxes is a great soundbite but thats about it, hell ive published my taxes in teh paper to prove a point on mill levies......most tax stuff is no where near as secret as you think it is....

Why does anyone care what the photoshop experts are saying in this situation? A scan is not the real thing, they need to examine the "real" document. I bet the U.S. govt can produce a "real" looking certificate if they wanted to, they have unlimited funds.

Ron Paul for president.

cause the "experts" in this case either arent and dont know what they are seeing OR are intentionally misleading the public......cant like either way even if i dont like Obama.....

will say a high quality photograph by an individual not linked to .gov could easily tell me whether the anomalies i do see in the file are the result of a software bug or intentionally changed.....at this point for me its flip a coin on which it is.....

I knew releasing the certificate wouldn't shut them up. You can never give conspiracy theorists evidence of any kind cos it's like pouring gasoline on a tire fire. "All we wanna see is the certificate" sure, sure. It's just the start of an infinite regress. For a group of people claiming to be so against bureaucracy, boy they just love scrutinizing all these documents...

First it was the birth certificate, now it's college records, then grade school records, then DNA, then umbilical cord blood, then we'll have to get a necromancer to contact his dead father and mother, on and on. This is all ontop of having to prove the veracity of each piece of evidence. And then the veracity of the people who are proving the proof of the evidence... They need to just grow up and face it, a black dude actually won and is living in the white house. Supposedly you can grow up an American and "be anything you want" that's all that happened, the sky isn't actually falling. He's not the Manchurian Candidate...

Maybe after he wins the next election they could put "The Obama Documents" on a nationwide tour like they did with Regan's corpse, people could line up down the street and take the day off work and bring the kids. Conspiracy people could protest with blow ups of their fake Kenyan BCs from the internet and Obama dressed as a witchdoctor or the photo shopped pic from Colbert Report of Obama praying in a mosque... and so on.

I predicted a segment of the country would freak out when he was elected I just couldn't have said which form the freak out was gonna take. It certainly has been wildly entertaining! :)

was always college records.....something i would very much like to see.....face it ther is a whole lot of Obamas past that is atypical for a normal American.....now that does not mean there is anything there nor does it mean he is bad because of it but lets face it the average American does not get adopted and sent to school in Indonesia....especially when these sorts of Indonesian schools usually only let in nationals.....that makes his college application a document of legitimate interest to the average person and one that should be released.....ive gotten sealed records opened when standing on much less firm ground in court....

in the end i could give a crap what the documents say, i think since everyone else has to present such documents cause they are almost never sealed that the person in the highest office in the country does not get to hide them.....aint the documents its the principle of the thing......most here would not support a republican doing this, they should not tolerate it from a democrat either.....its an essential part of our system and we should not tolerate the actions by any elected official....

the man ran on a platform of transparency but has dang near actively hid more stuff than Bush and he has only been in office 2 and a half years....

now the world laughs and mocks America harder on a possible yet another US president scandal

could care less what the world thinks......whole lot of the world doesnt have rights like a free press or freedom of speech.....the UN put Syria on the human rights council.......whole lot of the circus stuff is cause we have alot of basic rights.....really dont care if dictatorships and places where you can get jailed for saying the wrong thing about .gov laugh at us....

there was a thread on the hunting site i frequent recently asking if anyone was willing to move somewhere in South America.....ppl who had only been there via tourism thought various places were absolutly wonderful and a great place.....those that have worked and lived down there say there are a whole lot of basic rights we have here you dont have in any of the countries down there.....not exactly a bad place, infact can be great if your young, unattached and looking for adventure but not a single one would be willing to raise a family there, including the guys whos wives grew up there and still have family in Chile and Argentina......as screwed up as our country is, its still one of the better places in the world for basic rights and the like.....

at least if feels the modern world has taken transition to a more free democratic taste, as we humans mature more positivity must be given a chance. The Philippines also has many rights like the ones u mentioned, even a 3rd world country struggles to balance fairness with law

actually wish we would cane minor criminals like the Phillipines......might do some good.....

i fully agree alot of the world is moving that way......but even alot of modern Western countries do not have alot of the same protections to their citizens we have with our bill of rights and such.....Germany is a good example, you most definitely do not have the same rights to free speech in Germany as you do in the US....you have bout 98% of that same right in Germany but you sure dont have it completely.....dont believe me? look up the laws involving the use of the word "nazi" and the use of the swastika symbol.....

if you look throughout 1st world countries you will see alot of stuff like this.....stuff that falls completely under our rights but can get you arrested there......might not seem like much on paper but in the end it really is a huge difference.....

minor criminals like the Philippines? :) do u mean in some way the Reign of Marcos who stole plane loads of gold bullion from the people?

Im not familiar with Germany but a quick guess of mine says they imposed such laws against themes of the old Reich for civility purposes, "Germany is now a peaceful civilized nation without the grip of tyrants past ideologies be not tolerated" prolly something like that

They still imprison people who bring bibles in China, or a few parts in China i think

nah meant things like minor theft like shop lifting and such......stuff that would normally get yah less than a couple weeks in jail.....instead of spending all the money having them sit in jail for a few weeks, do pubic caning :D

i know why Germany did it, but i do not agree with it.....i guess thats a huge difference to me, right to complete free speech is a very powerful right....granted it does not me free from consequences like the whole yelling fire in a crowded theater.....but it should be a fundamental right to talk about anything you want to....when you start doing stuff that gets in the ways of rights of others is when you step in.....the speech itself should be protected though....

I'm not a supporter of Obama, but I genuinely I hope it's legit, cause honestly if not this would look terrible for the country, and I'm more concerned about policy not place of birth.

With that said, he should have shown his certificate before he was elected. If you apply for a job you can't say, "I'll show you my qualifications after I get the job".

I'm not a supporter of Obama, but I genuinely I hope it's legit, cause honestly if not this would look terrible for the country, and I'm more concerned about policy not place of birth.

With that said, he should have shown his certificate before he was elected. If you apply for a job you can't say, "I'll show you my qualifications after I get the job".

and thats pretty well what my stance is, at 2.5 years into his term at this point i could care less what the stuff actually says.....he just should not be able to hide it and its not a precedence i wanna see set with candidates in the future.....most here would scream if an R candidate did it.....if you dont want an R candidate doing it in the future, dont let Obama get away with doing it now.....just cause they are on your side does not mean they get a "pass".......

Back