What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They're coming!!

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Found a handful black morels today. First sign of the start of the season! :boogie:

100_8098.jpg

100_8094.jpg

100_8107.jpg

100_8100.jpg

100_8111.jpg

100_8110.jpg

100_8097.jpg

MORELS! :spazz:

..............I'm getting hungry just looking at them. :drool:

I know, right. Gotta stock up on steaks for the next few weeks!

Nice! I was in VA over the weekend and was able to bring back almost five gallons of them. I sold half and the rest are for a pasta dish I 'm working on.
Gotta love morels!

Are these only found in certain parts of the country?

Are these only found in certain parts of the country?

Kentucky is in PEAK right now!! I wish I was where you are.. Your morels are going to be gone in a week or so Eric. Better get your butt into the woods! Blacks are long gone there, but the BIG whites will be all over.

Oooo, exciting! I'd love to go rompin' through woods and hunt for stuff like this.

Kentucky is in PEAK right now!! I wish I was where you are.. Your morels are going to be gone in a week or so Eric. Better get your butt into the woods! Blacks are long gone there, but the BIG whites will be all over.

:-OGonna go search the woods with my sons today. Idk if my back can handle all the bending over so i'll take them and make them do all the work:p.

Well just so long as you pick morels and not brain mushrooms. They're not that hard to tell apart but beginners beware.

Why not post some of your favorite recipes. Wish I was still living in Washington.

Note to beginning morel hunters!
True morels are hollow from stem to cap. If they are not completely hollow from top to bottom, they are not true morels and should not be eaten. Also, the caps are connected to the stems of true morels.

I'm a simpleton..
Soak morels in salt water for 30 min. to remove dirt and pests.
Slice morels in half length wise from cap to stem.
Toss them in a frying pan with a gob of butter and some various meat seasonings.
Fry until golden brown.
Pour morels with excess pan juices over medium well steak.
And.. ENJOY! It's worth the heart attack. ;)

For LOTS of nice morel recipes: http://www.thegreatmorel.com/recipes.html

Back