What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

backyard morels

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Found these in the yard today.. guess I should've gotten out there sooner. They look a little dry.. :-( I'm going to hit my hot spots pretty hard tomorrow. Should be a bountiful hunt!!

100_8241.jpg

100_8243.jpg

Aww man! I wish I could find these things where I live, I've been looking for YEARS!

Last edited:
Yum yum yum! I ought to go looking, I just have no idea where to start!

the woods.. ;)

Really? I have 12 acres of woods! I should find some!

Yuk

Yum yum yum! I ought to go looking, I just have no idea where to start!

alright alright.. Here's a tip for you Summer. You want to look for trees, Ash and Elm. Dead or dying is best, but alive will sometimes spark morel growth. Find the tree, find the morel. ;)

Crap, so when should i see them again?

March to April of 2012.

alright alright.. Here's a tip for you Summer. You want to look for trees, Ash and Elm. Dead or dying is best, but alive will sometimes spark morel growth. Find the tree, find the morel. ;)

March to April of 2012.

Really? The morels in my yard grow under oak, and I thought old apple orchards were another favorite...

they are.. but not as popular as ash and elm trees. I've actually never found a morel around apple orchards though.

Do you sell them too or something? I'll have to check the woods behind my parents. They're in WI, is it still morel season for us?

It is peak morel season for you. I've found trash bags FULL in WI. And yeah, if it's a good year I sell plenty.

Back