What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God is coming back

• Thread starter eou812
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of us have missed the entire point of Ean's post. The biblical passages had nothing to do with predicting a year, day, hour, etc. It clearly states "But of the day and the hour no one knows, except my Father in heaven only." If you read it in context, it simply means God is coming back, but no one knows the day. That seems far from a date setting psycho to me :) Any "Christian" that attempts to set a specific date is operating outside of what Christianity advocates.

To play the devil's advocate here, what if Ean is not a "misguided 14 year old." What if there is truth in his post? See the irony ;) I don't think he is a troll at all. In fact, I think the kid's got guts :)

:boogie: :banana2: :bigthumpup: :usa2:

THANK YOU!!! You also have guts!

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Are you serious Vbkid? If not then dude you will sufer so bad. I will show you a couple of verses tomorrow oof how bad it will be.

eou, you quoted exo and blamed it on mantis....
Also, this thread is ridiculous, it is poison, it is.... antiTF

stop saying these people are going to suffer, you know nothing of what will happen if this stuff is true, who are you to cast judgement on these people... Or maybe you who, are such a bible freak should know,

Matthew 7:2-5
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Tribulation. Is that anything like a celebration? Will there be food?

I heard there was some talk of cake, but I don't know... I've been burned before with that one.

And there we go.
Are you saying that all other religions and beliefs are wrong? I know I'm not the only athiest on here- what makes YOU right? Who are you to tell me that I'm wrong and I'm going to burn? And going along with your little story's quote, how do you even know it's soon?

Liz, as an Atheist, you personally believe other religions are wrong. I agree with you standing up for equality of beliefs, but this is not the correct situation to try and assert that ideal. You have to keep in mind the audience you want to reach, and the amount of education/open-mindedness of said audience.

I have and i did know him when he died. I know why people were happy that he was dead. HE CAUSED CHAOS, 9/11 AND OTHER ATTACKS.

I would call that a stretch at best. Osama bin Laden had little to do with the organization of the 9/11 attacks; he was more a figurehead than anything else. What's more, the US brought him to power and used him and al Qaeda for our own national agenda.

Dude what Christian (depending on who they are) (I'm a Southern Baptist) has tried to control you? If not then why do you think they will?

That's a losing question. Ever heard of the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act?" How about the "Defense of Marriage Act?" I could name countless others, but it would be excessive. Christian interests regularly stick their noses into the business of others, despite both the Bible and the Constitution telling them it's a bad idea.

God created the angles in the beginning.

Here's something I really can get down with. Certainly, if there was a personified creator, we could definitely say that he/she/it created angles.

Not funny. Really not funny petmantis. You will be here for the tribulation if you are not saved by the time God comes back. He will and i repeat WILL come back. Everyone that is not saved WILL experience the tribulation.

Weren't you saying something about not continuing to post religious assertions? This may come as news to you, but even scholars that subscribe to very strong literal interpretations of the Bible debate on the meaning behind allusions to judgement day.

Are you serious Vbkid? If not then dude you will sufer so bad. I will show you a couple of verses tomorrow oof how bad it will be.

Do you read Hebrew and Greek? Because if you don't you're reading some very broadly interpreted editions of the Bible, that have been rewritten countless times to suit the purposes of men, and not very godly ones.
A pastor friend of mine once told me something to the effect of, "Even if you believe the the word of the Bible is pure, how can you be certain that your interpretation is good?" Shakespeare made a similarly good point in The Merchant of Venice; "(Even) [t]he devil can cite scripture for his purpose."
~Joe

Time to close this yet?

Alright, I'm putting this thread in Time-Out for the evening. Let's all cool off a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back