What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hahaha.. lint.. I always get cat hair on my plants and never notice until reviewing the photos.. frustrating!!

Hahaha.. lint.. I always get cat hair on my plants and never notice until reviewing the photos.. frustrating!!

I KNOW! :p also another pet peeve of mine is that when working with drosera, something touches something and so the mucilage doesnt stay on it's on stalk but is spread around others. totally ruins the picture!

The hilaris look great.
And our zonaria are pretty much identical looking right now. ;)

@mass: very nice. i hear it's harder the 2nd time around....ending in dead plants or rotten tubers. best of luck!

@mass: very nice. i hear it's harder the 2nd time around....ending in dead plants or rotten tubers. best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up.

I never seem to get enough of D. adelae flowers. 'Really like the powerful redness of the slackii. The hilaris seedlings are just sweet.

thanks very much mark!
one more photo of the minibog---dropped by to visit it, things are looking good!

clockwise, starting from 6 o'clock:
S. rosea f. luteola, S. x catesbaei, S. flava var rubricorpora (clone H), S. flava var rubricorpora (clone-i-forgot :blush:)
temporary-22.jpg

looking to obtain maybe one or two luteola hopefully soon.
SK, that center portion of the pot is reserved for you. ;)

Haha your pretty excited for the RR this fall aren't you.
Heads up though like I said, it tends to look a bit funny after being divided... Though the smell is still there ;)

Love that mini bog. Heck, love all your CPs, :-D

@SK: yeah, i read up on it some more---seems like the plant likes to put out deformed flowers too.
@DJ: thanks so much! you need to take some more pictures so i can drool over your sarrs!

Looking good Amph, nothing like some fresh Sarracenia growth. Nice growing!

Thanks French! I'm excited for these as well since I can't grow these at home. Happy my friends lent me some growing space!

so coming back home....apparently my on leave cultivation practices still need a little tweaking as im still losing plants every time i leave for more than a week. amongst notable losses were 1 hilaris seedling, a few heliamphora seedlings. my D. barbidgera pot, and graminifolia plantlets may be out on their way (i do have a backup cutting from the graminifolia so there's still hope) . other plants appear to have been set back but should make a full recovery. i have no idea what went wrong---any who, despite the sadness, i still have a few things to share with you if you're interested. hope you enjoy.

drosera zonaria:
IMG_4573.png

n. hamata looking chipper:
_MG_4567.png

special needs n. hamata looking, err.... special needy---dramatic reduction in teaf, not to mention deformed rim
_MG_4570.png

heliamphora purpurescens opened a new leaf:
_MG_4576.png
_MG_4575.png

utricularia campbelliana growing like gangbusters:
_MG_4561.png

close up of the traps:
_MG_4564.png

moving on to the cork wood:
_MG_4563.png

last but not least, and hopefully the 3rd charm will do, utricularia jamesoniana:
_MG_4555.png

Why you little :evil: I see how it is, trying to one up me! well, I won't compliment your beautiful nicely grow CPs.

Love the growth pattern of the leaves in D.zonaria. Amazing.

Why you little :evil: I see how it is, trying to one up me! well, I won't compliment your beautiful nicely grow CPs.

yes...i am working against you to drown out your amazing pictures so mine can hog the spotlight. :mwahaha:

Love the growth pattern of the leaves in D.zonaria. Amazing.

me too! looks like a drosera with pinguicula identity issues. :lol:

I dig that first hamata pic. Pretty cool..

Really nice, Jon.

haha nice banner in your signature.. had to wait for it.

and a few more pics from the minibog:
S. flava var rubricorpora, Clone H
rubricorpora.png

S. flava var rubricorpora, Clone F3
IMG_4589.png

S. x catesbaei
IMG_4587.png
IMG_4591.png

S. rosea f. luteola
IMG_4588.png

the whole minibog:
IMG_4590.png