What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For my pal Brokken

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wild
So I recently sent my buddy ol' pal 110 fresh morels. All of which rotted during the 2 days in transit. I felt so bad that I made an afternoon of hunting for more of the elusive morel mushrooms, just for him. It was pouring rain, and cold.. but it's going to take more than that to stop the morel master! Unfortunately, this was a spur of the moment hunt and all I had was my crappy iPhone to take pics with. So bare with me..
I decided to stop into one of my oldest honey holes, and take a look around. And here's what I found.

I wasn't alone.. that's for sure!

IMG_1420.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1462.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1459.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1452.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1447.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1442.jpg

That's not a morel..

IMG_1451.jpg

That's not a morel.. Wild though! Someone stole this tree's stump.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

That's not a.. wait a minute.. IT'S A MOREL!!

IMG_1469.jpg

and another.. and another.. AND ANOTHER!

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

All in all.. not a bad haul. :awesome:

IMG_1470.jpg

Hey Mass,
How well do those morels dry out? I have never had them. I can find them, but the nearest areas for them are two to three hours drive before hiking.
I pick lots of types of fungi, but we can only eat so much at a time, so we dehydrate most of what I pick.
Maybe trade some King Bolete's for some Morels?

....and the morel of the story is.....

Hey Mass,
How well do those morels dry out? I have never had them. I can find them, but the nearest areas for them are two to three hours drive before hiking.
I pick lots of types of fungi, but we can only eat so much at a time, so we dehydrate most of what I pick.
Maybe trade some King Bolete's for some Morels?

Morels dry very, very well. Mass has traded me stuff for morels before, and they are very good.

Morels do dry very well. They bring a good penny as well. I've never had much luck in Connecticut (only find the big whites around here and most chef's won't buy those). I head down to Virginia every year and find enough to unload in NYC.

So that's what those are! I'll have to pick and cook a few next time they pop up in the backyard.

So why'd you change your name from massmorels?

~hmpf~ All that work and not even a comment from the man himself? :down:

Back