What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chalk it up to a bad week?

I can not believe how bad things are going for me lately. I am not one to be discouraged, but I am allowing it for tonight,

Went to the doc yesterday because my breathing is not getting better. I was basically told that the lungs are either damaged by stomach acid (this would be an again) or My COPD/asthma is causing permanent damage. I was put on three more meds and have another procedure scheduled. Cost, cost, cost

Today I get a call from my college adviser at Ashford. I found out today that the first two advisers lied to me about the teaching degree I have been working on for the last year. I asked them several time if my degree was for teaching K-12 and was repeatedly told that it was. I also asked about how I would do student teaching. I was told that Ashford would make arrangements with a local college to get the student teaching done, repeatedly. Speaking with my third adviser today, they do not have a teaching degree, I am getting a degree in preschool and they make no arrangements for student teaching because they do not certify teachers. !0,000 dollars in the first year. I have since found out that there are several complaints, a lawsuit, criminal action and a congressional hearing against Ashford's parent company, Bridgepoint for fraud and misuse of Government funds. All this started with in the last year. I have been informed by the government that I can probably get out of the loans, but it may take several months to get done.

I have wasted a year and do not know what I am going to do for a career. I do not want to claim disability yet. I can not stand or walk for many hours because of 3 types of arthritis, bursitis, Fibromyalgia, something called diabetics foot. I have breathing difficulties and other things, but it is the bones, nerves and joints that have me limited....

Enough whining, thanks for the vent session. Now does anyone feel bad enough for me to send a heli...J/k - DO NOT DO IT!

Better

Oh :( At least you can get out of the loans though hopefully.

I hear it's a long process to get on disability, so I'd start now and if it ends up clearing up some, just cancel the paperwork? Chronic pain is... a pain :lol:

Cheer up though, if it's this bad, it can only get better, right?

I have an extra H. nutans for you if you want it. :) Got three in the NASC auction from thez. As long as you think you can grow one (I assume you are confident since you are looking for one), you can have it. Shipping on me. ;)

I had a pretty bad night myself last night. My youngest went to the hospital with a potential ruptured spleen due to a playground accident. Thankfully it was not, just internal bruising. I don't want to know how much an ultrasound and catscan/MRI (can't remember which) costs these days, but I'm afraid I am going to find out anyways.

They are very expensive now, had several. I thank you for the offer, but I was joking. It is two much to give away. I would trade for it if you are ever interested. A most kind offer.

Yes, things must get better. I will not say they can not get worse...that is asking for it. I have calmed down, it just sucks.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Day got a lot better thanks to Dashman and my husband. I may be testifying against Ashford. The congress is going after a lot of these guys. Donald Trump even has a college under investigation for the same thing! The beginning of the investigation is about the time that Trump dropped out of the presidential race.

No problem. Happy to help in what little way I can.

The Foot Issues you have, what do they feel like?. I have diabetic noropathy < Can't spell it. Mine hurt off and on but get sharp pain every now and than taking lyerica got rid of the pain for most of the day.

Hope this helps at least one part of you problems.

Jim

It starts that way unless I walk too much at one, maybe half a mile, then the bones start to lock causing terrible amount of pain through the whole foot. They make a rub for it that basically is a lidocaine to numb the feet out. The feet swell and I am getting fairly frequent infections, but that is due to another issue. I am a carrier a staph and strep. If I do not work much I have found that tylenol arthritis works best for the regular pain.. I will speak with my doc about lyerica.

They are very expensive now
Just remember, everything is negotiable. You can sometimes get them to come down in price.

Last edited:
Back