What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two new additotions to my collection

gill_za

Never Knows Best
I have recently ordered and received these two plants :)

Drosera intermedia :

D. intermedia by gillza, on Flickr

It is still small. But there are two plants instead of one :) It came wrapped in LFS and I repotted it into washed and peroxide sterilised 50:50 peat:sand mix. Some leave started producing dew the next day :)
What is that green moss growing on the right side? It is not sphagnum,.. too dry.

Utricularia sandersonii

It came as a 1" by 1" plug. Potted into 50:50 sand:peat mix. Some of the leaves started to turn yellow but I'm hoping that the plant will pull through.

U. sanersonii by gillza, on Flickr

What can I feed it with?

Nice! They both look very healthy. I don't think you have to worry about feeding for utrics.

Not sure what the moss is, but I have it growing all over my terrariums. It should, eventually, spread all over the soil of the pot and you'll get a nice green carpet for your D. intermedia. Beautiful plants! Good luck on your growing!

Thank you for the replies. An interesting thing that I noticed was that the plug of U. sandersonii came without any traps on the roots. Looked like that part of the root system was torn off.

The utric should grow new roots in no time. Your intermedia looks nice. Just wait until it turns dark red.

Hurray!

Back