What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one heck of a combination....

lil methamphetamine combined with a woman with obsessive compulsive disorder and any project is possible.....only took her 72 hours of working around the clock to do the entire 3500 square foot floor with a hand sander :grin:

IMG_1461.jpg

ok so no meth was involved......local Elks Lodge is the only building in town with a large room and can serve alcohol for special events.....whole bunch of us joined cause we were tired of the "community building" going to chit and took on the project.....bunch of us divided up the project, sset out a timeline and got to it....

first major project was paint....local police officer that joined has industrial painting equipment.....painted the ceiling and the walls in 2 days with his crew....i didnt have a part in it other than masking off stuff cause they did the painting during the day while i had to be at the paper...
IMG_1314.jpg

his wife had a baby via c-section which puts him out for a couple weeks so we tackled the floor next....near as anyone can figure the floor hasnt been touched since the place was built in the 50's.....our crew started on it Thursday afternoon and we called it quits last night with the plan of damp mopping it tonight and finishing the floor Thursday through the weekend.....
IMG_1432.jpg

after using the industrial belt and drum sanders there were low spots that needed to be hit with the hand sanders......DO NOT give a woman with OCD one of the sanders if your juslt looking to get it good enough......she will spend HOURS on a 4x4 foot square getting it perfect while everyone else covers 10 times that in the same time frame :crazy:

course since we were all having a few beers during the process cause, well we are doing it for free and are just looking to make the place better and not perfect we started making comments bout my wifes psychological disorder which in turn got stuff thrown at us by her :D

Ha, so the message I got was, drugs aren't all bad lol. I'd only touch meth on my deathbed, but hey, I won't tell anyone what they can and can't put in their bodies.

thought some might like to see our progress as of last night....

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

my lil point and shoot's flash sucks so really couldnt get a good pic of the entire floor when we were done so your just gonna have to imagine it subbing the sanded wood with this:
IMG_1484.jpg

Back