What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who has the strangest pet

hmm thats a lot of pets amazing pics everyone !!!!!

My strangest pet was back in my High School days. I mixed a bunch of chemicals left over from a science project (organic acids) and some byproducts from a nearby coke plant (as in coal by-products).

I kept that flask under my bed for months until the liquid turned into a jelly like gel. I was afraid it might be toxic so I threw it away. Sorry flasky!

pet-rock.jpg

I keep it next to my mood ring

You crack me up :-)) Thanx, needed that right now.

My pets are definitely not as exotic as some others, but let's see... yorkshire terrier and a bengal kitten that is about 6 months old (not a bengal tiger... bengal cat).

Phil

Ohhh, Bengals! We had one that would howl every time she was trying to steal the bathroom sink strainer. Yeeowwwl! Yeeoooowwwwl! Then there was another Bengal, an F2, that would regularly walk off with mom's pants, to a stash never found..... One day, it was an entire loaf of bread! Wild cats, fer sure!

My pets over the years included 6" millipedes, a 5" centipede, mom ran a cat rescue, so, yeah, those, a couple dogs, anoles, toads, various interesting fish, including a banjo cat, a needle fish, a butterfly fish (flat like a flounder, with a transparent belly), a flounder, puffer, mice, alligator lizard. Then we move into my current pets-- snow corn snake, bearded dragon, six (or so) specie of roaches, five T's, two really venomous and two burrowers with a 'tude, dog, four cats, one with severe mental problems (a "short bus" kitty), the three hermit crabs, still destined for a new home, and all the pwants I could ever want.

Yep, mine does that too :) He really howls when he is stalking our yorkie :) Love Bearded Dragons BTW.

Ohhh, Bengals! We had one that would howl every time she was trying to steal the bathroom sink strainer. Yeeowwwl! Yeeoooowwwwl! Then there was another Bengal, an F2, that would regularly walk off with mom's pants, to a stash never found..... One day, it was an entire loaf of bread! Wild cats, fer sure!

My pets over the years included 6" millipedes, a 5" centipede, mom ran a cat rescue, so, yeah, those, a couple dogs, anoles, toads, various interesting fish, including a banjo cat, a needle fish, a butterfly fish (flat like a flounder, with a transparent belly), a flounder, puffer, mice, alligator lizard. Then we move into my current pets-- snow corn snake, bearded dragon, six (or so) specie of roaches, five T's, two really venomous and two burrowers with a 'tude, dog, four cats, one with severe mental problems (a "short bus" kitty), the three hermit crabs, still destined for a new home, and all the pwants I could ever want.

If I ever get a cat it's definitely going to be a bengal. So pretty and smart! The price is keeping me far away from one, along with the family's allergies.

Bengals are.... nuts. Completely bonkers. It comes from the wild reletives.

What a hoot, though!

Erm, train them EARLY to accept pedicures, otherwise you'll never get your fingers back if you try. ;)

They sounds like parrots with the boredom problem. I like the hybrid cats because of the intelligence, but they sound crazy!

Iunno how I missed this thread for so long, but:

@mass and Exo: Gorgeous tarantulas, y'all are starting to make me consider them...

@Brie: Those vipers are absolutely beautiful. Some awesome pictures, too.

@larry: I adore mantids so much. <3

This is a cool thread, keep it up guys. I guess the strangest pet I've got (if it can be considered a pet) is a wolf spider I found in our basement... >.>

charlotte.JPG

That's the most colorful wolf spider I've ever seen.

hey i said plants too

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

because i consider all my plants pets

Back