What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who has the strangest pet

in this post everyone posts pics or the type of pet they have !!!:-O:-O:-O

so well i have a snake and a puffer fish ok and a shrimp .... pretty normal .....what do you think
so everyone post your strange aqnimal friends

lets see who has the strangestpet of all :0o:
cps included !!!

Last edited:
I have 1 dog 1 leopard gecko 1 bearded dragon and like 5 jumping spiders...

I think the tarantula freaks on here will outweigh everyone else though lmfao!!!!!!!!!! I used to have an emperor scorp.. i wouldve won :(

well i have many more pets but those are my strangest !!! wah i want a emporor squirpeon

A.geniculata...Elvira

Elvira_feb.jpg

strange? ive got a fiddler crab......in the past the weirdest was prolly a sumatran black blood python though the bismark ringed python was odd too, think a baby python that was alternating rings of ink black and neon orange.........

ghost mantis

IMG_4628-1-1.jpg

back in the nymph days, now it's adult and have an adult violin mantis too!

How about a chinchilla? Not the most unconventional pet, but they're like hybrid squirrel-bunny things, so that's got to count for something.
marielandme.jpg

And if that's not good enough, a while back I had a colony of odorous house ants that took up residence in a box of ginseng extract in my kitchen, and then moved into my shoplight housings. Sadly, they were done in after two years by a power outage during a cold snap.
~Joe

ive had chins and their cousin the degu.....had to get rid of them after we found out one of teh dogs was real set on trying to kill them.....have also had sugar gliders....

Take Your Pick...

Past:
n787308968_801063_6440.jpg

n787308968_801035_7556.jpg

10124_177296673968_787308968_3659190_5340576_n.jpg

DSCF4252.jpg

DSCF7611.jpg

DSCF7311.jpg

10124_177363998968_787308968_3660134_3111670_n.jpg

inurchairbeinasnake.jpg

Present:
009-2.jpg

Omg, Liz :0o: A blue lobster? That's my pick :)

still say these rank up there, pic not mine obviously but i lost most the pics i had from that time of my life...i got alot of WTF looks when i brought mine out, more so than any thing else.......

ringed.jpg

That blue lobster and a spare 15 gallon tank turned into the channel cat/pacu/bichirs and a 75 gallon tank that was turning into a 1500 gallon pool :lol:

I like Gary the snail.

Lobster~~~~~! XD
I've wanted one of those forever!
~Joe

@Dash: Oooh, yeah, he was awesome :) Never seen one that size before or since.

@Rattler: Ooh, yeah, they're beauts, for sure. All snakes are though, especially the boids :love:

@Joe: Oh, I know, right?!
The guy I was working with was suchhhhh a bad influence.
So one day I made a wager with myself that I'd go to the pet store, and if they had one, I'd get it.
Whammo.

Your chinchilla is a cutie, too! I've never really been one for the furry things though, except Mr. Howell (the rat.)

actually kinda hate threads like this cause it makes me miss keeping reptiles.....made the mistake a few weeks ago of finding out mexican beaded lizards have dropped in price a whole lot from when i kept snakes......tempting......damn tempting....

Ugh, tell me about it! My parents won't let me have more than Sheba....it's so hard knowing Glades Herp Farm is like, an hour away from me, and the local pet store has all kinds of beauts and I'm like /dies a little.
Honestly though, I'm way worse about the fish. I have Sheba, so she's enough to keep me happy, but I have nooooo fish, and I know a couple months ago I went in and they had baby EVERYTHINGS I was gonna have in my pool- knifefish, arrowana, red tail and channel cats, gar (not alligator, although that'd be my goal for a much bigger pool), bichirs, pacu...:cry:

They do it on purpose, I say ;)

For Liz:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_2_YqwcWAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0hzBh0J1YFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
~Joe

arnt those blue lobsters worth like a million bucks?

Back