What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery airplane buzzes sailing club

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
This past week we were vacationing at a local reservoir with our sailng club. One early morning, I spied a plane very low on the horizon, and before any of us could get our cameras out, he passed by so low, and so close, we swore he'd be trimming masts if he got an itch. Later in the day he came back, and we had our cameras ready for it, but the pilot didn't get nearly as close.

Does anyone know what make & model he was flying? It's painted like a WWII warhawk, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

225.jpg

225-2.jpg

I'd like to find it, so I can get more reference pictures online for a sketch to show how I saw things then. :-O

Looks like an older Cessna to me.

Cherokee Piper?

Flying triangle?

My pilot friend/co-worker thinks it is a Grumman Tiger.

EDIT:

He wants to change his answer...

He says it is a Grumman of some kind. Maybe Tiger, Cheeta, but he thinks it is a Grumman AA1A.

http://www.grumman.net/gallery/N9438L/N9438L-2.jpg

BINGO! :boogie: :spazz: :boogie:

Dashman wins a plate of virtual brownies. Thank you very much.

What I'm going to do with the info, besides tell the other guys, is go find some reference photos, and make a sketch of what I saw from my point of view during the bolder passes. It'll turn out nice, I hope.

jesse said:
This one could trim the leaves of someones Sarracenia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOagt-_aswU

Yowza! :0o:

Those pictures and a complaint to the FAA would see that thing grounded...

I know. We thought very hard about that, Saturday, but no one wanted to be the one to do it. It was very reckless behavior.

Don't thank me. Thank my mystery co-worker/pilot/friend. Everybody needs one.

Back