What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

they really cant be this stupid....can they?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
for those that arent aware i own two small town weekly newspapers.....lil over a year ago the school board in my town decided that the schools policy only applied when disciplining students but other than that they could ignore it and have been blatantly breaking Montana's open meeting laws.....

so like any good newspaperman i started writing editorials....most of these start out by me stating word for word what their policy or the law states and then point out how they have either bent the hell out of or broke it.....in the last year im prolly averaging an editorial and a half a month so its not even an every week thing....

things have gotten bad enough that 2 weeks ago i threatened to run my bird dog for school board just being sarcastic as hell that the general public would have a better chance getting him to understand and follow the rules than a couple of the school board members.....kinda thought i went a lil over the top but a number of ppl have since asked for his campaign posters to put up in their windows before the next election :0o:

my wife came back from a meeting this morning and said a couple of business ppl told her that there was a petition going around town by the school board to get me to stop writing editorials......i said BS.....she said no really and took me out the back door and across the alley to the Chevy dealarship so one of the owners could confirm....

i started laughing, "So instead of getting me to stop writing editorials by just following the law they are gathering signatures thinking that will get me to stop writing them..."

the guy smiled and said "yep"......

like this aint gonna backfire horribly for them.......gonna have to get a good portrait type photo of my bird dog and print up some posters :-))

HA HA put him in a suit and some chips glasses and ill pay to read it haha

wtf is a bird dog...... but good, let me know how it goes...

oh wauit,., u man liek a bird hunting dog :lol: my bad..

but ya sitck it to the man!

The laws are probably outdated and need revising, just like the constitution. I mean nobody really pays attention to things like Bill of Rights, transparency, or open government anymore. These are antiquties of a bygone era. Meant to protect things like life, liberty and property. I mean c'mon you don't really think you own your life do you? You own it no more than you own the land your house sits on even if it is paid off. You are a mere steward, inventory. Collatoral for a debt to be repaid and so on and so forth.

Besides them meeting in secret, behind closed doors, is probably just to get things done better and faster. I'm sure they aren't doing anything malicious.

Sarcastic me over and out.

But seriously, Give 'em hell.

Last edited:
Put some sunglasses on his butt and it'll be a nice picture.

Jake
IMG_1281.jpg

Loves Kids!
IMG_0864.jpg

Listens To What The People Have To Say!
DSCF2460.jpg

Is Pro Extracurricular Activities!
IMG_0589.jpg

the petition showed up.....only about 50 signatures......i was disappointed, readership of about 6,000 and after you strip away family and friends of the school board members i was down to 5 ppl who are mad at me about calling the school board stupid and threatening to run my dog against them next May.....

on the bright side they are paying me $75 to run the petition as an ad in the paper and there will be a "Jake for School Board 2012" in my shop window by the end of the week :D

Jake, the bird dog, obviously has more common sense than many in your town; but does this come as any surprise to you?

JAKE IN 2012!

actually, you would be surprised how many are willing to vote for Jake at this point......

so last night was the first regular board meeting since the petition and this week the first editorial of mine since it......

i am ashamed to admit i bowed to pressure and am no longer calling them stupid in print..............

however the terms "incompetent" and "criminal" appeared several times each......ran it by my legal team and they decided if these individuals did not believe "stupid" was an accurate descriptor than the only other possibility is that they know the law and are purposefully ignoring it which makes it criminal :D

Back