What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Lois is in town, so she decided to stop at my house for a visit and to trade.
New Arrivals:
Cephalotus Follicularis!
IMG_4720.jpg

Alata Black Tube x Flava Red Tube
IMG_4722.jpg

Hummer's Hammerhead
IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

Godzuki
IMG_4724.jpg

Purpurea Purpurea from Ontario(Exact location data on my growlist)
IMG_4728.jpg

Psittacina 'Green Rosette'
IMG_4729.jpg

This one is very hard to find, so I'll let Lois decide if I can post the name here. All I can say ATM is that it was registered in 2008
IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

And Lois and me, with my Sarracenia minibog
IMG_4721.jpg

Hmmmm 2008....... S. 'Hugh Jampton' ??

Hmmmm 2008....... S. 'Hugh Jampton' ??
Not Hugh Jampton... The reddish color on this plant hints to what it might be when it's older...

nooo.. surely that isn't a registered name? :-))

44 Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
Sarracenia ‘Hugh Jampton’
Submitted: 18 July 2007

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Not Hugh Jampton... The reddish color on this plant hints to what it might be when it's older...

So do you mean submitted in 2008 or published in 2008? S. 'Hugh Jampton' was published in 2008.

I want to meet Lois! Tell her to come to Cleveland! It's only a hop skip and a jump from Pitt.

Published. Look at other plants, this is representive of a young pitcher.

I want to meet Lois! Tell her to come to Cleveland! It's only a hop skip and a jump from Pitt.

I'll tell her. but can't guarantee anything.

She was in Western PA? Too bad she didn't head north to Western NY!

Adam, you're taller than she is! :lol:
But she gave you lots of gorgeous plants, that's so sweet of her!
I think I know what that mystery sarr is...is it known for its flowers? :awesome:

Published. Look at other plants, this is representive of a young pitcher.

I know it's a small plant which is why it makes IDing it tougher. Well I'm out of guesses then since as far as I know, there were only 3 new Sarr cultivars published in 2008. 'Hugh Jampton' is the only one that remotely resembled your small plant. The other two published cultivars in 2008 are definitely not yours. I didn't think Lois had 'HJ' anyway. Now if you're talking submitted in 2008 published in 2009, it could be 'Black Widow' or 'Alucard'. Stop the suspense Adam and just tell us. :)

Now if you're talking submitted in 2008 published in 2009, it could be 'Black Widow' or 'Alucard'. Stop the suspense Adam and just tell us. :)

One of those two... or you could just have looked in my growlist!

Adam, you're taller than she is! :lol:
But she gave you lots of gorgeous plants, that's so sweet of her!
I think I know what that mystery sarr is...is it known for its flowers? :awesome:

She's actually pretty tall. 5'4, I think...
Yeah, she's so generous! I'm shipping her the plants that I'm giving to her once I get back from vacation so she didn't have to take a newly potted plant to her relatives', however I did give her a pygmy dew for right now.

Thanks. She is a sweetheart!

Back