What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie's CP photo thread

Nice ! Them sundew pics make me want more sundews !

Amazing plants, and great photography.

I just pooped myself. Thanks for that..

/me offers Travis a roll of paper towels.

That said......

Excellent work, Brie! Seriously. I know there are a lot of photographers here who would benefit from hearing how you light your work. Hint, hint. Your great strength is your finely tuned awareness of lighting, IMO. Nicely done.

Paul

/me offers Travis a roll of paper towels.

That said......

Excellent work, Brie! Seriously. I know there are a lot of photographers here who would benefit from hearing how you light your work. Hint, hint. Your great strength is your finely tuned awareness of lighting, IMO. Nicely done.

Paul
:blush: Such kind words from the CP photography masta' ;) thanks!

Well, I did all of these with little folding camp table, a thick piece of styrofoam and a black t-shirt as a back drop.. lol.. for lighting I used my Droso's two table lamps, bendy necked kind, that are running 2 6500k PC bulbs.. for WB I use an ExpoDisc.. For each plant I was shooting, i'd aim the two lamps where i'd want em, and viola... :)

Splendid Brie! You've really got quite a handle on these plants quickly, wish I could grow those babies as nice as you.

Keep it up :)

thanks everybody for the kind words :)

Amazing pictures! Give me a minute while I clean the drool out of my keyboard....

Thanks for sharing!

Looking amazing as normal Brie!! I love your photography:)

How did I miss your update!

Holy smokes Brie, plants and photos are looking awesome!! Love the P. 'Aphrodite'

:hail:
:hail:

You've got a gift with pings girl.

Thanks guys. :) I dont really have the magic touch with pings.. Killed my P. medusina. :\ I apparently kept it too wet while it was going dormant and rotted out its bulb.. *sigh*. I have a few babies left barely clinging to life, hoping they make it..

So I apparently overlooked a very distinguishable admirabilis trait.
The leaves literally unroll out on top of each other as they stack. The also literally roll up over their caught prey. A whole lot of leaf rolling going on..

The 2 leaves in the back have been fed. The rest are new unfurling leaves. Looking at that.. I'm not thinking admirabilis so much anymore.

IMG_9826.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is so pretty Brie! Your Droso is drool worthy O.O

Wish I could take such nice pics. very beautiful plants Brie. Is the previously unknown dew the one I sent you?

Wish I could take such nice pics. very beautiful plants Brie. Is the previously unknown dew the one I sent you?

Umm.. maybe? lol.. Im starting to lose track of who sent me what.. This one came with an indica that ended up not making it? And i remember the person sending it to me thought it might of been a burmanni?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

So I apparently overlooked a very distinguishable admirabilis trait.
The leaves literally unroll out on top of each other as they stack. The also literally roll up over their caught prey. A whole lot of leaf rolling going on..

The 2 leaves in the back have been fed. The rest are new unfurling leaves. Looking at that.. I'm not thinking admirabilis so much anymore.

IMG_9826.jpg

Hmm yeah I went and checked and no, this plant never did curl up or even fold the leaf much.. just sorta cupped the bit of food.. I thought the snap tentacles were unique to admirabilis?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Everything is so pretty Brie! Your Droso is drool worthy O.O

thanks! you should get one! So far mine has been super easy...

Oh, Brie...your plants are just so pretty!!! And great photography.

Many plants have them.. but as you can see they are really noticeable on admirabilis.

It's definitely high on my list! I have major indoor space issues lately, so I have to live through pictures of other people's drosos for awhile.

Back