What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie's CP photo thread

The variety is truly astounding - you've added a huge number of species/locations in a fairly short period of time.

Your propagation skills are very impressive. I've loved the challenge & enjoyment of creating new baby plants through the various methods --- and then watching them grow up. Several weeks ago, I saw someone post in the chatbox (iirc) that they hated to propagate stuff and I thought to myself - "Wow that's just crazytalk!" :crazy:

The variety is truly astounding - you've added a huge number of species/locations in a fairly short period of time.

Your propagation skills are very impressive. I've loved the challenge & enjoyment of creating new baby plants through the various methods --- and then watching them grow up. Several weeks ago, I saw someone post in the chatbox (iirc) that they hated to propagate stuff and I thought to myself - "Wow that's just crazytalk!" :crazy:

Thank you Ron.. I have indeed gone a bit crazy into the CP world.. lol when I find something I enjoy, I tend to get a bit obsessed, soaking up as much knowledge as I can and acquiring all that I want.

And yeah, I love propagation as well.. Thats part of the fun in this hobby.. So many difficult plants to try your hand at and see if you can get them to grow, then see if you can make more of them! lol.

Gotta say, the only pygmy I could ever differentiate from the others was scorpiodes, but that helodes is really, really nice. Same goes for all of your dews, helis, sarrs, etc.. Great update, Brie!

Gotta say, the only pygmy I could ever differentiate from the others was scorpiodes, but that helodes is really, really nice. Same goes for all of your dews, helis, sarrs, etc.. Great update, Brie!

Thanks yo.. :)

Those hybrids look really good! I was wondering why there weren't any photo updates after ICPS.

Those hybrids look really good! I was wondering why there weren't any photo updates after ICPS.

Thanks, yeah i love those plants. Those are all from Jerry Addington..

Mainly no pics due to lack of time.. I've been working 6 days a week for the past3 weeks. ugh.

Wow! All your plants are looking good and healthy Brie. I too really like that D helodes you are growing.

I found a nice 1 gal jar at Target last night on sale for $6 and thought it'd make a mighty fine terrarium.. So I bought it and set up my prolifera in there.. I think it should be mighty happy..

7978566970_9c0d6e5807_b.jpg

Also, new D. graminifolia..
7967255410_ff08cd97de_b.jpg

And I harvested my Darlingtonia's first flower/seed pod the other day.. I'm not sure if either my attempts at selfing it worked, or if some little native bee did the job. But I dont see many native bees this high up on the top floor of my apt. lol. Only yellow jackets.
7967191872_b687048ec3_o.jpg

7967195820_06055e90c1_b.jpg

7967200710_56ce32664c_b.jpg

7967198792_08d7196a20_b.jpg

Nice plants & nice propagating Brie!
Indeed you are doing extremely well.
Congrats!
:bigthumpup:
Oh yea, very nice photos too!

We need to get you more Neps however!

BTW, I have a Betta living in a 2 gal jar just like that! Indeed they are ideal for a lot of plants & other things.

Cool terraium! LOL, gonna have lots of cobra babies. Can't wait to see that graminifolia grow. How tall do graminifolia get?

Prolifera jar's new home on my dining room table..
7984628569_b94aefbe87_b.jpg

dang.. I want to live in a jar on that diningroom table.

Nice set up on the table Brie!

Love that!

Lol, wish I could see the top of my dinning room table...

Cool terraium! LOL, gonna have lots of cobra babies. Can't wait to see that graminifolia grow. How tall do graminifolia get?

Sorry DJ, missed your post...

I dont think im going to start all those seed. LOL. Im planning on giving away some of it..

And im just hoping I can get this graminifolia to survive.. lol. In the wild they get about as tall as D. traceyi.. Just grow differently...

What you have done with your prolifera is a good idea. I need to do something similar with my adelae. I also like the natural history exhibit on your dining room table. Now, that's making good use of table space, in my opinion.

I grow my D. adelae in a jar like that. Nice pics!

Hmmmm where'd you get that cool idea for the D.prolifera ?

Hmmmm where'd you get that cool idea for the D.prolifera ?

Dude its totally my own original idea.. I have no idea what you're talking about.. :angel: :devil:

Back