What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie's CP photo thread

serious pics

Thanks you guys :) Johnny, yeah the little rotunds are doing great.. growin' like weeds.

:drool: Love those scorpiodes.

Man.. I love pings. Gotta get a gypsicola now.

lovely plants and lovely pics Brie.... that pulchella would make any heli lover jealous :)

Very nice plants Brie! Looks like the new camera isn't working out too badly either ;) haha

Random pic update out of boredom and trying to get my mind off of the stress/depression of my cat being in the ER Vet office under 24 hour care.

D. spatulata (Frasier Island).. One of my first CPs but I dont think I ever really took pics of it. Its looking really red right now..
6857696212_6226723d11_o.jpg

D. hamiltonii is looking better
7003810049_309af7902d_o.jpg

D. capillaris (Santa Rosa Co. FL) also looking better
7003809945_3ba7780604_o.jpg

D. aliciae are getting huge.. Really like how the main one is starting to really stack up.. I just measured them and the two plants are almost 6" across together.
7003809767_164cf65e48_b.jpg

D. intermedia (Roraima) seedlings
6857695978_fcc97e6982_o.jpg

D. regia "Big Easy" division update...
7003809675_b5435c5bb8_o.jpg

D. adelae root cuttings going crazy
6857695528_feca4bd188_o.jpg

D. capensis "Broadleaf" after being cleaned up.. This is the one that had the massive flower stalk, really took its toll on its leaf structure.. But hopefully now that its done with that it'll start to put out its normal long leaves again.
6857695834_a211179a3e_o.jpg

I gave it a wee little stake to help support it lol.
6857695656_90e526b6ff_o.jpg

The results of cleaning up my capes and binatas.. That took a little while but they look much better now lol.
7003809487_75e4316e20_o.jpg

D. multifida extrema and friends, after being cleaned up some.. I cant wait to get these outside again.. Will probably pot all of my binatas into hanging pots.
7003860561_a17f259847_o.jpg

P. grandiflora.. Recently went in and seperated the three offshoot plants it had growing under its main leaves. Its kind of PO'd about that, all of them had some leaves die off afterwards but they look like they're recovering now.
6857700668_f2b46374ea_b.jpg

Mnt. Ping Rock update.. Aphrodite is flowering, so it must not be too unhappy there...
7003814357_ef1a2e0963_o.jpg

And can anyone tell me what this grassy stuff is going bonkers in this S. umlauftiana pot?? I thought it was a utric but now I dont think so..
7003814411_cb93b2afd2_b.jpg

You've really done some excellent growing to get some great plants. The 2nd & last H. pulchella pics are some fantastic compositions - congrats! :hail:

Also - love your ping rock - very cool.

i ordered a hybrid from kim last year and it started growing that crap too

Last edited:
I don't remember what that "grassy stuff" is in your last photo. Occasionally, I get it as an unwelcome hitch-hiker on incoming plants. I hear it can spread like wildfire and I get rid of it as soon as I see it. As a result, it has never become established at my place. I have seen other collections where it takes over.

oo yep, that looks like it.. thats sammich.. I'll go pull it all up now, dont want it seeding everywhere.

I really like the ping rock! You've got lots of great stuff growing. I am sorry to hear about your cat :( but hope that it all turns out well, Brie.

Thanks Max... Im hoping he'll be ok too.. He has pancreatitis and hasnt eaten for over 48 hours now.. I just got him home from the emergency vet.. Couldnt afford to have him there for another day(already up to 2100 dollars between the normal vet visit, then the overnight emergency vet stay), and they were pretty much only doing what I could do at home, aside from IV fluids.. So i'll be giving him his pain and antinausea meds, and syringe feeding him blended food and water and hope he starts eating on his own..

If he won't drink on his own and he's not letting you force feed him water, you can ask if they'll sell you a bag of SubQ (subcutaneous) fluids and some needles. I have no idea if they'll actually do that (I sort of doubt it...), but if you know anybody that works at a vet or with a rescue of some sort, you can usually snag one. SubQs are relatively easy to administer and can often save a dehydrated animal's life. Taking our dogs camping or on a road trip, we bring a bag and some needles. Never know. They're a good thing to have around if you can find one, even if not for this particular situation.

Wish you all luck with it.

I have that same stuff that's in your umlauftiana growing in my bogs. It flowers white and is a super annoying pest !

Nice pics Brie!
The grass looking thing is actually not grass, I read the link provided but based on experience growing that plant with my neps and heli, it is actually Scottish moss. You can look at pics of it and it looks exactly like the one you have. Hope you haven't throw it yet because you can make a nice carpet out of it! :)

Well I ended up just repotting the umlauftiana all together.. rinsed out its roots, made sure there were no tiny roots hitching on it and put it in a new pot.. so hopefully no more hitchhikers :)

I can't get enough of that ping rock. And the dews.. :drool: I love how clean everything is.

Back