What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inconsiderate People

JB in Utah

Come To The Light. . .
Some people are inconsiderate beyond belief. (Just venting a little to get it out of my system.)

I went out to my garden this morning to find that my largest (8 foot plant) and first Sunflower bloom of the season had been lopped off by some passer-by (right after it opened no less), congratulations on destroying four months of growth whoever you are, I hope you're happy with a bloom that will die within a week on your table rather than the month it would have lasted in my garden.

omg thats so sad! Sorry dude, that really sucks :( People suck.

People these days... it might have been a child or something, though.

Sorry to hear about your sunflower though, I hope you have more.

I just had to stand next to a screaming 5y/o at the grocery store.. why are they still screaming wildly at that age? The mom did nothing so I glared at it until it got quieter and quieter and finally stopped. It shouldn't be my job to teach their children manners..

Plant another one and coat it in capsaicin! Thieves steal that and touch their eyes.... MUHAHA!:mwahaha:

That really sucks, people have no respect. :(

Don't worry, I have at least 10 more on the way. This one was special because it was the first thing that popped in my garden, when we saw that it wasn't a weed we decided to keep it. It had a month and a half head start versus the seeds we planted in late april. So my other plants are half the size and won't bloom for at least a couple more weeks. Thanks for the comments, I was able to vent thanks to this thread and a very violent video game, well it's off to work for me now -- I hate the swing shift, but it pays the bills.

That is too bad . . . I used to have an obsessionw it sunflowers, I wonder why I haven't planted any.

If I were you, I would be motivated enough to watch them all night! I've done something like that before. Recently, someone or something uprooted and took 20 dahlia bulbs, and earlier in the eyar a columbine . . . very annoying.

Two words....."auto turrets" ;)

I had the same thing happen to my artichke that was growing out front of my house. Someone decided they wanted the largest buds. took both the top buds and left me the small off shoots. They way I see it they want something they can never grow.

@Exo:

What about Aperture Science Sentry Turrets? :awesome:

images

You should really sequester the carbon content in their bodies.

Sorry to hear that. The only thing similar I have had happen to me was when I rented a dumpter to clean out my house when I was moving some years back. The next morning I had a water heater and an old sofa thrown in from some mysterious neighbor that took up about 40% of the dumpster. People have no consideration of thier fellow man. Dumpters aren't cheap either.

Next time I rent a dumpster, I will have it delivered on a Friday afternoon and I will watch it all night long with a baseball bat in tow.

I've noticed these knock over too easily to be effective :-(

Well, my friend, have you considered a Mann Co. TF2 Sentry Gun? With three levels of customization and in two marvelous color choices, the TF2 Sentry Gun is great for simple jobs as well as those tough cases that just require more... gun.
sentry3.gif

Mann Co. can not be held responsible for inaccuracy in detecting disguised/invisible trespassers. If damage occurs, any signs of tampering, including the usage of an Electro-Sapper, will automatically void the 1 month warranty.

Seriously though, that's terrible. Some people really are inconsiderate and blatantly ignore hard work and obvious property lines. I'm sorry. :<

I've considered the automated weapons options and I'm in favor of Manhacks myself. Anyways, in case anyone was wondering, if you cut off the head of a giant sunflower, it sends up three more, not as big, It's a hydra. Yep, good news, it's sending up new blooms to make up for it not being able to make any seed yet.

Pepper spray. Why has nobody done this? Harmless to plants, harmless to birds, only harmful to squirrels and people... and you want neither of those touching yo plants.

Aww. I feel so bad. Problem with humans.

I've considered the automated weapons options and I'm in favor of Manhacks myself. Anyways, in case anyone was wondering, if you cut off the head of a giant sunflower, it sends up three more, not as big, It's a hydra. Yep, good news, it's sending up new blooms to make up for it not being able to make any seed yet.

Manhacks are a wonderful idea. I approve of this.
I'm happy for you that it's trying to flower more!
Hydra: The Sunflower That Just Wouldn't Die
A True Story

Back