What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'M back!!!

flytraplady5

Hort. School dropout X 2
I returned from a 2 week ? vacation in Penna I have a bear story to tell and have it on one note can anyone give me info how to get it onto TF thanx in advance. no I didn't get any pictures
Lois Grannelo@aol.com

Hi Loess!

Welcome back :)

I sure had an adventure this morning. Around 11:30 ,am I was trying to take a nap in my sister's family room. She was out running some errands. I heard something that sounded like a car door slamming. Then chairs outside the front door, that I was sitting near, sliding across the deck that I wondered why she didn't say anything to me. Then I heard rustling around in the kitchen and something breaking. I thought maybe one of her kids or grandkids had come in the back door and I called out "who's there" no answer so I went to investigate. As I came out of the family room I saw a medium sized bear raise its head up above the bar area.. It was standing on the kitchen counter. I came out into the kitchen yelling "Get out of here." it turned around on the counter went across the stove it exited out thru the window screen,that it had come in thru.I put that window down jest before it stood back up on its hind legs and took a
swipe at the window There was a muddy paw print and a fresh tear in the screen on the outside of the glass I went outside around the house saying" Go away bear and thot I had scared it back into the wo windowods. A few minutes later, I thot that I should check outside again.
I looked out the back door , there it was eating the cat food
This time I went outside all the way to the front porch and kept yelling "Go away bear" until it ran down thru the yard and across the township road where it quickly disappeared into the woods on the othere side of the road
written 7/7/11

Last edited:
And you met a super awesome 14 year old too, huh ;)

Do bears sit in the woods?

Hey Boo boo, where is the pic-a-nic basket! Glad you are back.

Lois, you are far braver than I! Instead of yelling "Get out of here bear" I would have shouted"Oh my gosh, it's a bear!" and would then have proceeded to run for my life :)

wow, it must've escaped from the zoo to obey that well lol. i agree you're very brave!

wow!

Welcome back Lois!
Can't believe you went INTO the kitchen once you saw it. GRRRrrr.. who's the boss?

That's nuts! It's too bad about your screen door. :banana2:

Quite the eventful trip. Welcome back!

Back