What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NWCPS meet and greet Saturday August 20th 2011

Well we now have a date set for the first meet and greet for the NWCPS. Saturday August 20th at 10AM - 6PM, bring plants for show, trade, etc. And bring friends! Will be located at my place as we have quite a large yard to accomadate many guests as well as a good central location for people to get to with relative ease, several restaraunts in the area as well. Contact me for directions and address, and so I will have an idea of how many people are showing up.
Hopefully we get a good turn out and have a great time.

Awesome! I will do my best to be there.

Woo! Par-tay!

should be there...can come early to assist if needed

Scott- that would be awesome. I'd appreciate the help. Would mostly be cleaning and organizing, pruning dead traps for better display, and picking out a few plants from the GH for display.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

There will also be plants for sale here, if you have stuff you would like to sell or trade, by all means bring your stuff, will make it more interesting.

I'd be more then happy to come early and help out too. Just lemme know. I'll prolly be bringing plants too.

I definitely encourage people to bring plants along, so people can better see what others grow, and get/give advice. Could probably have a contest while we are at it :)

Hmm... Does anyone happen to live around the Renton area that might be able to gimme a lift to and from?

Kris, I'll be there. Thanks for being the "go getter" and organizing this event.

GRRRR!

I want to come..! I probably wont be able to though. I hope you guys have another get together sometime!!!!

I TOTALLY want and had planned on being there. Got someone to work for me and everything that day. I just need a ride to and from. :\ But it just so happens my husband's sinus surgery had to be scheduled the day before, my mother discovered she has a wedding to go to(she wanted to go to this too since I got her hooked on CPs. lol), and none of my friends are interested in going. UGH!! *pulls out hair* I have D. aliciae and some other stuff I had planned on bringing and giving away, but ahhh!!! No transportation!

Kris,

Is Joe going? I have something for him if he is.

Although I really want to go, Ill be on a plane to Michigan by the time it starts :( Have fun though :)

So I just potted up 18 D. aliciae into 6 pots to give away at the meeting. I also potted up 1 baby P. ehlersiae and 1 baby P. Pirouette to bring with me. Might find other stuff to bring too.

Seems like there was decent interest but not a very strong showing in terms of those w/ a commitment to attending this inaugural gathering. Kris, do you have an approx number of bodies confirmed? Don't want to cart too many plants down if it'll only be a few of us. Thanks for setting this up.

Scott it's hard to say how many people will be attending do to the lack of people contacting who are coming, I'd say 10-15 including guests but we will see. I am gonna pick up some burger patties and hotdogs after work today for a BBQ.

Ohmaaaaan, I REAAAALLLLLY wish I could go :<

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Funny thing is, 10a-6p are my exact work hours tomorrow :c

I talked to Joe about it the other day, he has to do some work but he said he would try to make it later in the day, but didnt know for sure.

I wish I could go soo bad! :-(
Will there be seeds or drosera I would love it if someone could do a sase on some leaf cuttings or seeds so people like us in the West could get a little taste of the fun. :)

Back