What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selll'em All !

droseraguy

Illinois
Not really but am I the only one that gets the urge to sell'em all about this time every year ? The work, the water, the familiy, the water, the family, the work, etc... Seems like every thing gets stagnant this time of year for me. Sarrs love it but everything else says water me now ! Not much pitchering on the neps and the dews and flytraps (with exception of the B-52) seem to be giving me the finger. Oh well give me a couple months and I'll change my tune. Gotta love the Illinois weather. Maybe I should switch to corn and beans......:-))

He he, well I only keep my Succulents and easy houseplants like various Ficus outside this time of year. All my Nepenthes are kept indoors in grow chambers & fishtanks. I don't move my Nepenthes around because I don't like to set them back or have the plants ever skip a pitcher. I setup their environments and generally leave them there "forever" except to take them out for inspection and watering and they tend to always grow and perform well if they don't get all sorts of varying conditions. I feel that Nepenthes don't ever really hit their "stride" in their new growing spot until it's been there about 6 months - if it's moved all over I feel like they never really acclimate and settle in to just grow.

Even though it's 100*F outside in central MN my Highland Nepenthes chamber is still a breezy 70-75*F due to the new more powerful air conditioner I got (8000 BTUs). It really brings the terrarium room temps way down and gets me the 50*F nights too. The 5000 BTU could only get down to 60*F at night with the lights off. Before I got the new AC it was hard to keep the room below 80*F at any time in summer cos of all the T5 HO lights over all my tanks.

To the contrary, this time of year is when I would least likely to consider selling my entire collection.
Many of my nepenthes are producing numerous pitchers. My truncata pasian is forming two pitchers, one already 8" and still forming.
My flytraps look their best right now and some of them are starting to send up summer leaves.

I guess the source of your frustration is just your region.

Back