What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is TC fluid?

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
What goes into the mix to make this magical gel? ??? And where can I get the ingredients?

first thing you may want to do is some research on tc before you go spending the dough on media. Some cps require different media recipes such as heliamphora. There are great youtube vids that can get you up and running with a ready made kit in hours. The word "sterile" is now your favorite word!
then once you get the gist...giddyup!

For people who have done this for carnivorous plants, can anyone recommend a supplier for most stuff I'll need?

I wasn't seriously considering starting anytime soon. Just breaking the ice a year or so early..

For people who have done this for carnivorous plants, can anyone recommend a supplier for most stuff I'll need?

I can wholly recommend Phyotechnology Laboratories (www.phytotechlab.com) for specific media, though would encourage the novice to first join www.hometissueculture.org -- where, for a nominal annual fee, your receive discounted media, hormones, containers, and a host of valuable information; and, no, I am not in their employ but like the service they provide. I also agree that www.flytrapcare.com is a fine resource for those micro-propagating creepy plants . . .

Back