What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep failing quarentine: What is this!?!?

I've had this N. (veitchii x lowii) x spectabilis quarantined for quite sometime now, but it's only getting worse. Anyone recognize this crap?

IMG_6669.jpg

scales

might want to use a systemic insecticide like imidicloprid

scales

might want to use a systemic insecticide like imidicloprid

That's what I thought it was.. was thinking of just using fire. I don't really use chemicals in the house, since I have a lot of high end critters as well. Guess I just toss it.. unless you want it. Free of charge, just know what's coming with it.

Bayer Rose and Flower works wonders on scale.

possible to do with alcohol, but if they are under leaf sheath and hiding you end up creating a time bomb. a light ultrifine oil might work also

maybe even essential oils like clove. but need to use carefully as those might burn plants

I'd rather just get rid of the plant and buy a new one. It's up for grabs, free of charge, if anyone wants it for saving. I'll hold onto it until the end of the week then into the fire pit it goes.

If you're willing to go through the trouble, you could incase the plant in a plastic bag with dry ice or something to add a ton of CO2, while the plant is in the dark. Fumigate those suckers!

eh'.. even after treatments and what not, I still wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in with the rest of my plants. So no matter what.. it's leaving this house. I'm offering it up for adoption before I kill it though. I just won't give it anymore than 5 days. My other plants mean too much to me.

eh'.. even after treatments and what not, I still wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in with the rest of my plants. So no matter what.. it's leaving this house. I'm offering it up for adoption before I kill it though. I just won't give it anymore than 5 days. My other plants mean too much to me.

Oooh I want it. :0o: Unless someone else already offered to adopt. You wanna trade it for some Sarracenia seeds? Just harvested a bunch today. Anyways Pm'd. :-D

I have had those pests on my Neps before
I just spray them with alcohol to kill them

Back